Header

Header

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Affordable Dupes for High-End Favorites!


The Internet is full of dupe lists of our favorite makeup products, and thanks to Temptalia, you can find a dupe for almost anything. Well, I wanted to share a little list of some of my own personal favorite products and some affordable options as alternatives to their high end counterparts. 


Both of these foundations boast a full coverage and both are long wearing. The Revlon foundation is slightly less coverage with a not quite as matte finish, but for a fraction of the cost, it's super comparable to Doublewear. 



When the four powders in the L'oreal neutral highlighter are swirled together, it creates a glow almost exactly it like Lightscapade. It is slightly less fine milled, and takes a little more blending, but the outcome is identical. 



3. Essence Metallic Effect Eyeshadow in Sandy Says Hello ($2.99) vs. Stila Kitten single eyeshadow ($18)
Kitten is my all time favorite eyeshadow, so when I found SSH by Essence, I immediately snagged a few up. Kitten is slightly more glittery, and SSH slightly more beige, but on the lid and blended out, they both give a gorgeous champagne shimmer.


 
Both of these are great products for that light golden highlight. The Elf one is a little more powdery, but a little extra blending helps that. Plus these are both great dupes for NARS Albatross!



5. Revlon blush in Mauvelous ($8.49) vs. Kat Von D Everlasting Face Shaper Blush in Truth ($25)
These blushes are seriously identical on the skin. The KVD one is slightly creamier and more pigmented, but for a drugstore blush, this Revlon one is a good pick. 



Both of these lotions give your face a luminous glow underneath foundation. The L'oreal one feels slightly thicker with more of a silver glow while Strobe Cream is a little more pink, but these are pretty darn good matches for each other. 



These three are literally identical. They are all a slippery silicone base that helps fill pores and smooth out your foundation. They glide on smooth and dry fast too. The elf one feels slightly thicker, but I kind of prefer that. 



While the Elf duo is a lower quality than the NARS Powders, it's a great alternative for only a few bucks. The elf blush is a little chunkier with bigger shimmer particles, but with a few extra swipes of your brush, it gives that same peachy golden glow as Orgasm. Laguna is slightly lighter than the Elf bronzer, but again, once blended out, the bronzers are identical on the skin.

 

If you can't quite bring yourself to spend $20 on a makeup sponge, the Real Techniques sponge is an awesome alternative. I even prefer it to my Beauty Blenders. Both are a super dense but smooth sponge that applies foundation and blends concealer flawlessly. I like how the Real Techniques one has that flat side though, making it a little more versatile for using different products than the Beauty Blender. 


What are some of your favorite dupes? I would love to hear and find some newer alternatives to other products. I hope you found this post helpful and let me know if you enjoyed it! 


Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes


Find me on Instagram @livforlashes


Email: liv_2008@icloud.com


3 comments:

  1. Is the KVD blish still sold? Can't find it anywhere :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I think they may be discontinued now :( I know two of my local Sephoras still have them in stock, but they aren't on the Sephora website anymore, so maybe check your local store if you have one?

      Delete
  2. I've always heard the elf blush was a dupe for the Nars one but seeing them side by side really lets me see how similar they are! Is the elf one really powdery?

    ReplyDelete