Header

Header

Thursday, October 22, 2015

What's In My Bag? | Girl's Getaway

Hey everyone! I know I've been a little MIA lately, but honestly, I just needed a break from everything. My husband is coming home from deployment soon so I wanted to get the house ready, and I had some time off of work and the only think I wanted to do was relax and not stress about anything at all. Part of my R&R was a fun weekend a couple of weeks ago when I went out of town for a girls getaway and I thought that since its been a minute since I've done a What's In My Bag post, I'd do one for you today. We went to Palm Springs for a little getaway just to get out of San Diego and relax for a bit without any kids or husbands for a couple of days. It was so much fun and so needed! So without anymore rambling, enjoy!


The bag I decided to use was this cute Too Faced bag. It came as a gift when I bought my Vegas Nay Star Dust Palette and it's the perfect size for a weekend makeup bag. It's a pink canvas bag with cute kiss marks on it and the shape and size of it was perfect for squeezing into my travel case. 


First up for makeup is primer. I recently bought this NYX Honey Dew Me Up primer and I've been testing it out the last few weeks or so. It's a little tacky after application so it worked really well at keeping my foundation right where I wanted it in the Palm Springs heat. The honey is also a natural analgesic so its supposed to help any skin irritation which is pretty cool.


For foundation I brought my trusty Covergirl Ready Set Flawless foundation. It's a light to medium coverage and it literally lasts all day without fading or getting patchy and it sets quickly. It had a nice dewy finish on me too so I barely needed powder to set it. 


I paired the foundation up with a lightweight concealer, my Urban Decay Naked Skin concealer. It's good for hiding under eye circles and brightening up the face a little. And again, it's so lightweight so it didn't feel too heavy on my face and I didn't have to worry about it melting off. 


To set everything I brought along my Maybelline Fit Me! Matte and Poreless pressed powder. Palm Springs was still pretty hot, even in October, so this powder helped me keep any shine at bay and kept my skin matte throughout the day. 


I knew we would probably go out for one of the evenings we were there so I brought my Buxom customizable palette with me. I picked the shades myself (check out my review here) so I knew it would be perfect for both daytime looks and night looks. It was the perfect little palette to take along. 


For mascara, I wanted a long wearing formula that could withstand the heat so I brought a mini They're Real mascara by Benefit. It isn't a waterproof formula but anyone who has tried it knows how hard it is to wash off so this was my go-to. Plus it separates and lengthens my lashes without getting clumpy and I don't even need falsies when I use it. 



I didn't intend to wear eyeliner, but I brought along my Benefit They're Real Push Up liner in Beyond Brown with me. I ended up using it anyway just to define my lash line a little. It was the perfect liner for the weekend festivities since everyone was laid back and we weren't getting too glammed up. 


Going with the more natural theme, I brought along two blushes, Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hr blush in Score and Becca Mineralize Blush in Wild Honey. Both are a warm neutral blush and they just give a natural sun kissed flush without being too shimmery or too pink or anything. 


For bronzer and highlight I kept it simple with the Makeup Forever Pro a Sculpting Duo #2. Two products in one saved a little room in my bag and both shades look amazing for that Glowy bronze skin look- perfect for laying by the pool on a warm day. 


There were lots of drinks to be had so I knew I needed a long wearing lip color or two so I decided to bring along a more neutral pink shade with  Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lovesick and a brighter more fun shade with Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Persimmon. These both lasted for hours on my lips even with drinking cocktails and snacking and I didn't have to touch up either for most of the day. 


I also brought along a deeper lipstick for the night we went out and even though it didn't feel much like fall, I brought one of my favorite fall lipsticks, Maybelline Touch of spice. This is from the original collection of creamy mattes and it's always in my purse anyway so I thought why not? It ended up going beautifully with the pinky neutral eye look I did with the Buxom palette. 


For glosses, I stuck to neutrals and brought ️NARS Turkish Delight (a milky baby pink) and Guyane (a soft seashell pink). NARS has some of my favorite glosses and I really wanted to try out the one they sent me, Guyane. So far I'm loving it! 


For brows, I brought along my NYX Brow Gel. It's such a long wearing formula that I knew it'd be perfect for hot days laying out by the pool without worrying about my eyebrows smearing off haha. This definitely did the trick!


Last up is a few brushes. I tried to stick to just basics so I brought my Beauty Blender, a basic little blush brush, two fluffy blending brushes, and angled brush for brows, and a flat shader brush. I tried to bring as little as possible when it came to brushes and luckily these guys were enough to get me through the weekend. 

Okay that does it for this What's in My Bag post! What are some of your beauty must-haves for traveling? Let me know and don't forget to check out my other social media sites :)

xoxo
LivforLashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes


No comments:

Post a Comment