Header

Header

Monday, September 28, 2015

Pinterest DIY | Mirror Perfume Stand


I was browsing Pinterest the other night and came across something I'd seen a million times before: DIY cupcake/cosmetic stands. I've always thought they look pretty cool but never really thought about making one until now. It looked simple enough with minimal supplies needed so I decided to give it a go. After a quick trip to Hobby Lobby with supplies in hand I got to work.

 



What you'll need:
Mirrors (one for as many levels as you want your stand)
A ruler
E6000 glue (perfect for binding glass) 
Candle holders 
Lip liner 



1. Use your ruler to measure the backs of the mirrors to find the center and mark it with the lip liner. I chose to use a liner since it washes off. 


2. Do the same thing to measure the bases of the candle holders to mark where they would be centered on the back of the mirrors. REMEMBER: Mark the wider end of the candle holder to be glued to the back of the mirror for your bottom tier for better stability of your stand. Mark the smaller end to be glued to the backs of your other tiers. 


3. Apply a generous amount of the E6000 along the edge of the candle holder. This dries clear so don't worry too much about making a little mess with the glue. NOTE: this glue has a very strong smell so be sure to use it in a well ventilated area and avoid inhaling it. 


4. Press the candle holders carefully to the back of the mirrors, holding firm pressure for a minute or two. Now let each tier dry before trying to stack them. The glue takes a minimum of 24 hours to cure, so some patience is needed :)


5. With your cured tiers, mark the top side of the mirrors the same as steps 1 and 2. 



6. Again, apply the glue to the edge of the candle holder to adhere the tiers together. Be more careful with the glue this time to avoid smearing it on the mirrors. If you do make a mess, you can dissolve the glue (before it's cured) with some acetone on a q-tip or cotton ball. 


7. Allow it to cure completely before use. I let mine set for a good two days before setting up my perfumes. 


And voila! A cute perfume stand perfect for displaying your favorite scents! I can't believe how simple it was to make this and how cheap too! So easy and I think it turned out pretty well. The mirrors and crystal candle holders are so chic yet its understated and simple. 







What do you think? Is this something that you'd want to try? Let me know! And let me know if you enjoyed this post or if you'd like to see more DIY posts. Have an amazing day and thank you for reading!


xoxo
LivforLashes


Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes


Find me on Instagram @livforlashes


Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment