Header

Header

Monday, September 14, 2015

August Favorites | Anastasia Beverly Hills, NYX, Urban Decay + More!



What happened to summer? Summer flew by and we're fast approaching fall. I can't believe its already mid-September, but better late than never i have today my August favorites! I had a few new things last month that I was using pretty much daily so please keep reading and enjoy! 




It was hotter than heck last month here in San Diego, so for foundation I've been using the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous foundation. It's a natural medium coverage and it sets really nice without feeling greasy. It lasts on me all day without getting patchy or streaky, even in the heat so this has been a must have. 




For brows I've set aside the NYX Brow Gel and went back to my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow in Taupe. It lasts in the heat and I find it's a little easier to work with to get more natural looking brows, which I've really been digging again lately. 




Another ABH product I've been loving is the Shadow Couture World Traveler palette. I wrote a review on it here, but in short, it's amazing. It has a nice blend of neutrals and pops of colors, and Morocco and Soft Peach are the perfect matte transition shades for everyday wear. I haven't set this down since I got it and I'm still not tired of it.
 



For my lips, I've been wearing traditional lipsticks instead of liquid lipsticks lately and two that I've been obsessed with is MAC Tropic Tonic and Urban Decay Native. Tropic Tonic is a fun orange while native is a nude, but I've really been liking them these last few weeks. Native is just a good everyday nude so I've had it in my purse when I need something throw on. 




I've also fallen back in love with my Smashbox Be Legendary lip lacquers. I wrote a post on a few of the shades ages ago, and I'd just kind of forgotten about them in my drawer. The two I've been wearing are Keepsake and Coral. They're super long wearing and leave a pretty "Popsicle lips" stain as they fade off and I can't get enough on days that I've been doing lighter makeup. 




Last month I needed a new mascara so I picked up the Rimmel Lift Me Up Wonder Lash mascara and it just might be my new HG drugstore mascara. It has a nice full wand and gives me long fluffy lashes. Plus it has vitamins and Moroccan Argan oil in so it conditions your lashes while you wear it. My lashes don't feel dry and clumpy with it on and it washes off pretty easily too.
 

For my highlight, I've been going more toned down and MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Lightscapade has been my go-to. It's so subtle and leaves a soft glow without being too much. I picked this up on a recent trip to my local Cosmetic Company Outlet and it's been well-loved since I purchased it. 



I also picked up the NYX HD blush in the shade Intuition last month and it's literally been the only blush I've worn all month. It's a pretty Dusty Rose shade with subtle shimmer and though it's a little more fall appropriate, a light dusting gives my cheeks a nice natural flush. It lasted all day without wearing off so I'm definitely impressed since many drugstore blushes tend to fall flat after a few hours.  



Recently while digging around in my drawers I came across my NARS Kuala Lampur eyeshadow duo and fell back in love with this baby. This has been a favorite of mine for years and this is actually my second one. The two shades go so well together with the plum blended with the more gold shade, and it's been perfect for days when I just want a little eyeshadow in without putting a whole lot of time or effort into my makeup.
 



Last up is a perfume. I bought this Giorgio Armani Sí perfume about a month or so ago and omg you guys... It smells sooo good. It's deeper and more sultry than I would normally prefer but it's the perfect scent for going out or when I want to feel a little more chic and sophisticated. It's such a good fall scent and I know I'll be wearing this a ton in the coming months. 



Well that does it for my August favorites! Not a whole lot of new products but definitely some good ones in the bunch. What were some of your favorite or most used beauty products last month? 

xoxo
LivforLashes

Products:

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes



No comments:

Post a Comment