Header

Header

Friday, September 19, 2014

Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Laquers | Review + Swatches


These past few months I've been really into lip lacquers. Lacquers are awesome products that allow for a quick pop of lip color without having to use a liner, lipstick and gloss. They have the benefits of both the color payoff of a lipstick and the smoothness and glossiness of a lip gloss. I love any products that cut my everyday routine down so a 2-in-1 product is a definite plus for me. I've bought some drugstore like the Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain and some high end like the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks. I decided to try the new Smashbox Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Lacquer so I bought the shade Coral. After wearing it for a few hours, I immediately knew I wanted more.
These lacquers are probably my all time favorite. They are AMAZING! They come in 20 different shades ranging from very light baby pinks all the way to dark deep burgundy-reds. It has a doe-foot applicator, a little longer than standard gloss making it easy to swipe on the lips. The color payoff on these things are out of this world. They are quite opaque and it looks just like lipstick topped with gloss. And the best part about these? They lasted FOR. EV. ER. Once the glossiness wore off (which for me took a few hours) they left a beautiful stain on my lips without looking like I just ate a bunch of Popsicles all day. Here is the Smashbox website description:

"Goes on as a lacquer, then uniquely adjusts to a stain for 8 hours of long-lasting color.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT:

A proprietary triplex of 1) vibrant staining pigments, 2) glossy-finish pearls and 3) conditioning vitamin E. Our formula pushes saturated, long-wearing color to the limit by literally maxing out the amount of staining pigments we could blend in. (This way, hi-res photos pop with true color.) Then by mixing it with glossy-finish pearls and conditioning vitamin E, you get a velvety, lacquer-like finish that stays put without feeling tacky or drying."

My first time trying them, I applied around seven a.m and the color was still bright and fresh looking around ten. By two p.m my lips were stained a pretty color and still looked nice. Though it didn't last the 8 hours like the website describes, I was still pleased with it. I bought six shades (so far!) of these beautiful lippies. 

Pout

This is a super light baby pink. It comes off almost white but nice nonetheless. It is a tad but streaky at first but after a few minutes of wear the color evens out. This shade would be great for those fair skinned girls. 


Coral

Just like the name suggests, this is a coral shade. It is that perfect blend of orange and pink without coming off too bright, but adding a few more coats of it does brighten it if that is what your prefer.

Bordeaux 

This shade is one of my favorites out if the six that I bought. It is a red-based deep vampy color perfect for fall. This one also benefits from another coat to even the color as it is a little streaky at first. After the gloss wears off it leaves a beautiful berry-colored stain on the lips. 

 
Legendary

Legendary is your classic red shade in this collection. This one is one of the shades featured in a recent shaaanxo video on YouTube. It is a vibrant, sexy red that every girl needs in her collection. The stain left by this shade almost looks like a matte lipstick which is awesome. 


Keepsake

If you're into mauve shades this is yours! This one is absolutely beautiful. It's slightly more pink than a traditional mauve but it's still beautiful. This is another shade that would look flattering on any skin tone and is the perfect everyday pink. 


Fuchsia

Just as the name says this shade is a beautiful fuchsia shade. Slightly less purple than traditional fuchsia, this shade is a beautiful deep bright pink. Another one that doesn't need another coat, adding another one makes this lacquer more vibrant. The shade does darken a little after a bit, but it just makes it all the more lovely.  


Final Verdict
I love love LOVE these. I'm definitely going to be buying more shades of these (when they aren't sold out... Looking at you Ulta). They are a little pricey at $24 a piece, but I'd imagine one if these would last a long time. It takes minimal product for a clean, even application. Just the wear alone sold me. These are a must have for any makeup lover's collection!

I hope you enjoyed this review and please comment and let me know what you thought! Suggestions for my next blog are also welcome!

xoxo
LivforLashes


Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

IG @livforlashes come check out my page, follow and like!

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

 

4 comments:

  1. just saw Jaclyn Hills haul featuring two of these and now I want all of them!! Amazing post and very thorough review xx

    www.lineupthemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They really are amazing! I've been stalking Ulta waiting for them to restock the colors I don't have that I want because I love them so much!

      Delete
  2. read this post a few day ago and just watched the jacylin hill video where she talked about these and i went out and bought three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! I hope you love them! What colors did you buy?

      Delete