Header

Header

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Maya Mia Palette vs. Tamanna Palette | Review + Swatches


So as most of us makeup lovers know, Anastasia Beverly Hills teamed up with three Instagram makeup artists to create eyeshadow palettes inspired by those makeup artists. The Amrezy Palette made us all drool with it's color selection (Iridescent Purple anyone?) and then some of us kicked ourselves for not buying it (the anguish of limited edition makeup). We couldn't wait to see the other two palettes and who they were inspired by. Then the Maya Mia and Tamanna palettes were released not even a month apart and I know I at least was a little bummed. They looked sooo similar. Teal-aqua color? Check. Peachy pink? Check again. Warm brown transition shades? You got it. 

I told myself I wouldn't buy them since I have MAC dupes for most of the shades and that gorgeous shade aqua in MMP and Sangria in the TP just weren't worth $29. Fortunate for me I was given both palettes as a gift and I immediately knew I had to swatch them. So without further ado...

Maya Mia Palette


So first impression is omg I looove this packaging. It is so cute with the pink and blue and the zebra stripes. You can totally see Maya Janeska's (@maya_mia_y on Instagram) personality in it. It's fun and bubbly and a little wild, like her makeup looks. 
 
This palette is mostly neutrals with the two stars of the show: Aqua and Fresh Peach. Both of these shades are shimmer and beautiful either as pops of color or full lid application.

  

There are 5 shimmer shades: 
Vanilla, Aqua, Fresh Peach, Glisten, Gold Bar 
They are smooth and easy to blend and the shimmer is subtle, making them perfect for everyday looks. I especially love pigment which reminds me a little of MAC Nylon. It doesnt have gold shimmer like Nylon but it blends out into a light pretty sheen like Nylon does. Gold Bar is also another favorite. It is a yellow-gold shade.
 
The palette also has 5 matte shades:
Nude, Deep Brown, Sienna, Warm Taupe and Caramel
These are also smooth but a little patchy if you use too much product and try blend them. Nude is disappointing (for me at least) because it literally shows up as nothing, as the picture above shows. It would probably be good as a matte brow bone highlight on darker skin tones or as a shade to lay down before blending your darker colors for a smoother application. 

Tamanna Palette

Again the packaging on this is to die for with it's Middle Eastern inspired design. I really like the elegance and glamour of it reflected by Tamanna Roashan (@dressyourface on Instagram). 

This palette again is mostly neutrals with a few pops of colors, but most of these shadows are shimmer/satin shades. 


It has six shimmer/satin shades:
Blush, Venezia, Gilded, Custom, Sangria and China Rose

Though is similar to Aqua from the MM palette, Venezia is more of an iridescent sea foam green. It is beautiful when applied and this picture does not do it justice. Another color I absolutely love is Sangria. Its a warm rusty color and it looks almost like it has a red foil type of finish. A primer made this color absolutely pop on my lids. 


There are only four matte shades: 
Fresh, Bengal, Chocolate and Noir

Although it doesn't give much selection for mattes, I like that it has a warmer shade for a transition color (Bengal) and a cooler more flat brown (Chocolate). This palette also has a black shade which I think is a must have in palettes to line the lashes and add some definition. And just like the MM palette, the lightest shade, Fresh, is so nude it barely shows up on my skin tone.

Final Verdict
All in all, I really like both of these palettes.  Sure they're very similar and have copy shades from the Amrezy Palette, but both have a little something special that I like. Plus, a little note: if you are interested in any single shadow, all of these shades and more will be available for purchase through the Anastasia Beverly Hills website in October.

Well thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post! Comment and let me know your thoughts! 

xoxo
LivforLashes
 
Maya Mia Palette available online at:
http://anastasiabeverlyhills.com/
Nordstrom
Sephora
 
 
Tamanna Palette available online at:
http://anastasiabeverlyhills.com/
Ulta
Nordstrom
Sephora


Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

IG @livforlashes come check out my page, follow and like!

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I really had my eye on the Amrezy palette!:( Oh well, I'll just get the singles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good palette but there's only a few shadows I actually use regularly, so I almost wish I would have waited for the singles!

      Delete