Header

Header

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

BH Cosmetics | Haul + Review



Recently I made an online order from BH Cosmetics after hearing about them EVERYWHERE. I purchased one of their palettes a long time ago and honestly wasn't too thrilled, but it seems that every YouTuber and blogger are raving about their products. 
Just browsing their site really impressed me. I mean, the prices were so low. How could a good quality product be so cheap? 
I gave myself a limit of $50 to see how many items I could get for that price. It turns out, 50 bucks can get you a lot! And one of the best things was the shipping speed. I placed my order late on a Tuesday night and my order came in the mail Thursday. Below are the items I purchased in my little haul and my first impressions/thoughts on them. Enjoy!

Party Girl After Hours Palette





I first heard of this via the BH Cosmetics Instagram page and I really liked the color selection. The palette comes with 32 shades, 28 of which are a mix of mattes, shimmers and velvet shadows and four "diamond" shades which are intense shimmery glittery shades. My first thought was that I loved the colors. They are mostly darker shades of blues, purple and browns with a few lighter shades. The pigmentation is awesome in these shadows, especially the diamond shades. There was some fallout but nothing that concealer can't clean up.

Take Me To Brazil Palette


This palette was all over YouTube and Instagram when the World Cup was going on and I really wanted to try this one out. It's comparable to the Urban Decay Electric Palette as far as the colors, but pigmentation isn't as good as that palette. Still, these shades are quite pigmented. There is a top row of subtle shimmer shades. The second row is shimmer shades, the third row is all matte and the fourth row is glittery, supper shimmery shades. I did find that these stain a little (I looked like I had pink eye the next day!) so definitely use a white base, which also helps the colors pop!

Wild Child Palette



These are the new palettes that just launched a few weeks ago and after one swatch I'm in love! There are nine baked shadows in this palette and they are bigger pans than the average palette which is nice. Each shade is super pigmented and creamy, not dry or hard like other baked shadows, and so easy to blend out.  

Forever Glam Palette

This was an add-on palette that literally cost me less than $5. It has six shadows, two blushes and two lip glosses. I loved the shadows, though it took a few swipes to get good color payoff. The blushes were pretty blah to me. The lighter of the two comes off as literally nothing but glitter- not even highlighter sized glitter but I mean GLITTER and the brighter pink is so neon that it really isn't wearable unless you barely dip your brush in it. The glosses were pretty but a little too sticky for my liking. 

Iris Blush Duo






I bought this blush because the darker of the two shades looked perfect for fall. It comes off a little like NARS Sin on the cheek and it really is beautiful, though it takes a while to get good color payoff.  The lighter shade is meant as a highlight but it's a little more pink than I like. However, layered lightly on too of the other shade it looks amazing. 

Cream Luxe Lipsticks in Nude Peach, Vixen and Tea Time




These lipsticks are AMAZING! They are super creamy and pigmented and last all day. The purple shade (Vixen) did feather a little, even with a liner but nothing too crazy. I really love Tea Time (the mauve-pink shade on the right) and in fact it has been my go-to everyday shade ever since I got it. The packaging is a little cheap but for less that $4 a pop it's still a good deal. 

10 PC Watermelon Brush Set



For less than $10 I wasn't expecting too much out of these brushes but they are so so soft and no shedding! I've washed them twice and not a hair lost. Also, the red color hasn't bled out which is nice. The blending brushes work really well and I especially love the blush brush and the little spoolie. And a bonus is this cute little clutch-style carrier case that they come in. Adorable!

All in all I am very satisfied with my order. Sure there are a few things I could complain about, but really for $59 after taxes and shipping, this was a good bargain. I will definitely repurchase from BH Cosmetics again. 
I hope you enjoyed this haul/review!

xoxo 
LivforLashes

What's your favorite BH product? Let me know in the comments!

Check out different coupons for BH Cosmetics HERE

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

IG @livforlashes come check out my page, follow and like!

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a ton of product for $59!!!!! I love the brush set and am loving the colors in the palettes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These brushes are awesome! Especially all of the eye brushes. I literally haven't used any other brushes on my eyes except these for over a week now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get that wild child pallet. those shadows are gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are awesome! They blend really well and when they're applied wet it really makes the metallic aspect POP! And its so affordable you really can't beat the price :)

    ReplyDelete