Header

Header

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Haul | Ulta + MAC


Whenever I'm itching to go to Ulta or Sephora, I usually try to wait until I have a decent chunk of change saved up so I can purchase several items from my wish list instead of having an intense internal debate about which item to get now and which one to get next time. Recently, I made an Ulta trip and came away with a decent little haul. Here are the items I purchased :)

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2

I own the first one and it's been my go-to everyday palette when I want a quick neutral eye. I like this one a little better. It doesn't have a black which sucks a little but I really like the cooler toned browns, which I feel look better on me. It also seems like these basics palettes have creamier shadows and they seem to blend out better than any of my other UD shadows or palettes.

Smashbox Be Legendary Lip Lacquers

I wrote a blog review (check it out here) on these so I won't go into too much detail, but I really like these. I already had three so I bought a few more. They're pigmented, not sticky and fade into a beautiful stain. These are Bordeaux, Fuchsia, Keepsake, Pout, Coral, and Legendary

Lorac Alter Ego Lipstick

I own a few of these already and they're some of my favorite mattes. The formula is creamy and not drying at all which is a plus for a matte lipstick. It doesn't feather and the whole shade range for these lipsticks is just awesome. This is the shade CEO, which is similar to whatever mystery lipstick Kylie Jenner loves (she should just tell us already! I mean really) only a little more berry toned.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed

After hearing about this EVERYWHERE I thought I'd swatch the shade Opal. I instantly fell in love! It's a beautiful highlight and it's subtle so I don't feel like I look like a disco ball. I've literally used it almost everyday since I got it. I also received a little sample of the Opal Skin Perfector lotion and it will definitely be one of my next purchases.

Urban Decay Shadowbox

This is an Ulta exclusive and I generally don't buy UD shadows since I rarely use them, but I just really liked the color selection of these shadows. It has 12 shades from matte to shimmer and you can create an entire look with just this. Thaler shadows are quite smooth and blend able and with a primer they last all day long. My favorites are the new shades Baked Cowboy and Moonshadow.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz 
I've already tried this and love it, so I thought I'd try another shade just to test it out. I bought Medium Ash.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo
I bought this to use with the Brow Wiz. This brow shadow is amazing! It blends out well and i really like the look of it once applied. This is in the shade Ash Blonde. The combo of the powder and the pencil make natural sculpted brows super easy. I also picked up some ABH Clear Brow Gel, just to help tame those stubborn hairs that don't naturally stay in place.



Too Faced Melted Lipstick

I own a few of these already and I really like the formula and wear of them so I picked up two more shades that I didn't have. I got Melted Nude and Melted Marshmallow (which is beautiful by the way!).

The last things I picked up are two fragrances, Vera Wang Forever Vera (availableexclusively at Kohl's) and Vera Wang Be Jeweled Rouge. I've always loved Vera Wang perfumes ever since my mom bought me Princess years ago. I really like citrus and floral feminine scents and these two are right up my alley. The Be Jeweled Rouge is a little musky and spicy, not too powerful and absolutely perfect for fall. These two will definitely be two of my favorites I think, right next to Marc Jacobs Daisy
 


MAC is right next door to my local Ulta (a killer for my wallet) so I popped in there for a few things. 

I bought a backup of my favorite foundation, Face and Body. This is the best foundation for if you want a sheer coverage and it's my favorite that I wear most days. This one is in the shade N1... summer tan will fade and it'll be back to pale for me soon :(


After hearing about it all over the place I decided to pick up a Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. I'll say it is definitely a must-have. It's so pretty on the skin and gives that healthy, glowy sheen without too much shimmer. 


also picked up "Trax" (a velvet finish purple with gold reflects) and "Woodwinked" (a veluxe pearl finish bronze) shadows. I have had them before but they didn't survive the move to San Diego a few years ago. 


I also HAD to repurchase Velvet Teddy lipstick. Velvet Teddy is my favorite matte neutral lipstick ever and I've already gone through three tubes!



And finally after searching for months (and it STILL being sold out) the wonderful MAC girl, Amy, gave me a very generous sample of the pigment, Melon. I had it a few years ago and somewhere down the line, I lost it. This sample will last a while so hopefully it will be back in stock before I run out. 

That concludes my haul and I hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know on the comments and let me know if you've tried any of these products and how you like them! I would love to hear from you!  :)

xoxo
LivforLashes 

Products Mentioned: 
Vera Wang Forever Vera Eau De Parfum Spray
Vera Wang Be Jeweled Rouge Eau De Parfum Spray

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

IG @livforlashes come check out my page, follow and like!

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com






2 comments: