Header

Header

Friday, October 3, 2014

September Favorites

Hello October! I'm so glad that it's finally fall and that Halloween is coming up right around the corner. Hard to believe, though, that yet another month has passed. So in honor of a new month, here are some favorites of mine from September. Enjoy!

This month I've really been enjoying Revlon Photo Ready Foundation. I've never really found a foundation from the drugstore that I feel comfortable wearing for the long days that I work at the hospital, but I knew immediately that this one was a keeper. It lasts all day for me without breaking up and getting patchy, and it doesn't oxidize from the oils in my t-zone. And surprisingly I found my shade! So hard with drugstore foundation!

In September I've gone lighter with the bronzer and I've been relying more on blush. These fast few weeks I've been reaching more for my NYX Mosaic Blush in the shade Rosey. There are five different pink and red shades and this is honestly the perfect blush for my skin tone. I can focus my brush more on the darker shade if I want a deeper flush, or swirl in all of the colors for that perfect pinky glow. 

Even though it still feels like summer here in San Diego, I've definitely been rocking some more fall-inspired lip colors. Matte and berry shades have been my go-to and these two Milani Color Perfect lipsticks are amazing. So opaque and the colors are just beautiful. I've been loving the shades Black Cherry and Chilled Brandy. Also, I can't forget to mention the new Maybelline Creamy Matte lipsticks. I've been wearing Divine Wine and Touch of Spice quite often. 

Keeping with the fall inspiration, I've been going more towards deeper eye looks with less color. I've been reaching for my Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Palette almost everyday. I've had this for months but haven't gained full appreciation for it until recently. It has the perfect fall shades and so many different looks can be created with this one palette, another bonus. 

Building off of the eyeshadow thing... I've really been loving this Maybelline Master Kajal Cream Kohl Liner. It's definitely not a precision liner but it's perfect for smudging into the lash lines for a smokey look. And it lasts all day without (unintentional) smudging or running under my eyes. I also really like the cone shape, I don't have to worry about a sharpener!

This BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector has literally been giving my face life since I got it a few weeks ago. I've literally used it every day. This is the shade Opal. I love how a quick swipe with my brush leaves a very natural healthy glow, or that I can build it up to a more deeper highlight without it leaving me looking like a disco ball. 

I've never been huge on gold jewelry but these have been my go-to pieces this past month. I love this gold chain and how it can literally be worn with anything. It's simple but adds a nice touch to any outfit. These little owl earrings are also adorable without seeming childish or too costume-y. 

September brought a teeny tiny bit of rain and with came frizzy hair. My hair is naturally kind of wavy and frizzy and this Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Oil really helped to keep that at bay. A dime sized amount ran through damp hair and my hair was shiny, smooth and smelt amazing all day long. 

And finally, as much as I'm excited for fall, I couldn't help myself from using this Ulta brand Beauty Smoothie Sugar Scrub in Creamy Cocolada. It smells like a tropical beach and makes my skin so smooth. The entire bathroom smelt just wonderful afterwards and even hours later I could still catch a faint hint of coconut in my skin, just enough to smell clean without being overpowering or without it competing with my perfume. 

Well that does it for my September Favorites! I hope you enjoyed this post! Have you tried any of these products? Let me know in the comments!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Products Mentioned:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Pallete- $29 (it's limited edition, so unfortunately I don't think you can purchase anymore :( maybe on Amazon?)
Assorted Gold Fashion Jewelry- available everywhere! I bought these at Forever 21

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

IG @livforlashes come check out my page, follow and like!

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment