Header

Header

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte Lipsticks | Review + Swatches


After madly stalking the four drugstores within a three mile radius of my house (I am now on a first name basis with the girls at CVS and Rite Aid), I am finally in possession of all 10 shades of the new Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Matte lipsticks. These things have been such a hot ticket item the last few weeks, that I knew I has to write about them.  I'm a huge fan of matte lipsticks in the fall and winter, so these were a must have in my wish list. 


So my first thought after swatching one on my hand was holy pigmentation! These glide on so opaque and it doesn't feel like it's dragging across your lips, like a lot of matte formulas. And true to the name they are super creamy. I wore "Touch of Spice" first and literally one pass of the tube over my lips and it looked so nice! It left my lips feeling soft and like I had applied balm, but with that matte finish. And another awesome perk: it lasted through five hours and two meals without having to reapply. My lips also didn't feel the least bit dry after a few hours, like some of my MAC matte lippies tend to do. I would say that these are quite comparable to the Lorac Alter Ego lipsticks, only without that grainy kind of texture (as much as I love the Alter Ego lipsticks, they do feel a little sand papery when applying) and for only about half of the price! The packaging is the same as all of the other Color Sensational lipsticks by Maybelline, only with a mauve-y brown, matte finished cap. I would have liked to see a more unique packing for such an awesome line but for the price, I really can't complain.
 
So without further ado...
 
1. Nude Embrace #650
This nude shade leans on the more beige side and while not very flattering on my skin tone, I've seen that it looks so pretty on fairer ladies. I found that it works best for me by applying a slightly darker lip liner around my lip line and the other corners of my lips, so it doesn't wash me out. 

2. Daringly Nude #655
This is my favorite of the two nude shades, as it is more pink based. This shade is the perfect everyday nude and is super flattering on many skin tones. 

3. Touch of Spice #660
Probably my favorite from the whole line, TOS is that perfect fall matte lipstick. It's a terra cotta color that isn't too orange, isn't too brown and just enough pinky-red undertones to make it a universally flattering shade. 

4. Lust For Blush #665
This lipstick is your typical violet-based mauve color. It's very subtle and doesn't come off as too pink, which makes it very wearable. This one is another favorite of mine

5. Ravishing Rose #670
This one is close to Lust for Blush, but more pinky. It's a pretty, girlie color perfect for everyday or going out. I wore it to a bridal shower tea party and it was absolutely perfect. 

6. Faint For Fuchsia #675
If you are looking for something kind of close to MAC Candy Yum Yum, this one is it out of the range. A little less purple and definitely a brighter pink than CYY, this lippie is your typical bright Barbie doll pink shade. A little wild for everyday, but still a fun color. 

7. Mesmerizing Magenta #680
Mesmerizing Magenta is Faint for Fuchsia's more laid back cousin. It's not as bright, and it's slightly darker though still quite pink. 

8. Craving Coral #685
This is another favorite shade out if this range. It is a orange based bright red and I absolutely love it. It's pretty similar to MAC So Chaud. It's perfect for summer or just dressing up a simple makeup look. 

9. Siren in Scarlet #690
This is the true red shade in the collection. More muted and more blue instead of orange based, this is that perfect matte red lipstick that every girl needs in her collection. It's pretty universal though there's nothing too remarkable about this particular shade, but it's still unique and I haven't come across a matte red drugstore lipstick that I like as much as this one. 

10. Divine Wine #695
Last in the collection is this beauty. It's an oxblood red shade quite similar to MAC Diva. It's also been my go-to dark lipstick for fall. It's opaque and creamy and goes in so smooth without being patchy like so many dark lipsticks do. It is the only dark shade in the collection which is a bummer. But it's a color that work for everyone which is a plus. 

Nude Embrace, Daringly Nude, Touch of Spice, Lust for Blush, Ravishing Rose, Faint for Fuchsia, Mesmerizing Magenta, Craving Coral, Siren in Scarlet, Divine Wine

Final verdict
I love love LOVE these. You can't beat the price and the formula is amazing for drugstore lipsticks, which are usually kind of a let down for me. I like how it doesn't settle into lip lines and make my lips look dry like other mattes, and the range of colors is pretty good. The texture isn't totally matte, there is a very slight minute sheen to it, but for me it's worth it since they are so creamy. I would definitely repurchase these, maybe once the staff at CVS don't think I'm crazy anymore!


Well that's it for now! Have you tried the new Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Mattes? Which shades have you picked up or which ones are you favorites? Let me know I'm the comments!

I hope you enjoyed this post! 

xoxo
LivforLashes 

You can purchase these lipsticks here, here, here, and here.

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

IG @livforlashes come check out my page, follow and like!







No comments:

Post a Comment