Header

Header

Friday, October 24, 2014

Halloween Series | Day 5- Harlequin Lace Mask

Day 5 of my Halloween Series is a masquerade inspired look. My husband and I were invited to a party and he wanted to go as the Phantom from The Phantom of the Opera and I wanted to do something to compliment that. this is what I came up with.


Lets Begin! Start with your regular makeup up, excluding lashes, liner and lipstick. I went for a more dramatic look, something smokey with some sparkle.
For mask, start by outlining the shape that you want your mask in with a felt tip liner pen. For this look I used three different pens, all with different sized tips and different firmness to the tips. This one is by ELF.
Don't forget to line around your eyes. If you mess up just wipe it off with a q-tip dipped in makeup remover.
Draw diagonal lines across the entire shape of the mask.
Now draw lines perpendicular to those lines, creating a netting/cross hatched pattern.
Draw on a scalloped edge to your mask, or any edging design that you like.
Go back and tidy up your original lines, making them a little thicker.
Now, on top of the crosshatch pattern, this is where it may get a little tricky. Draw on a rose pattern, similar to the flower patterns on lace. its hard to explain this, so hopefully this little pictorial on how I draw roses will help you. I just draw five or six of the flowers then free hand some vines and leaf shapes.
Something similar to this is what you should have now.

Now go back to the eye and add a dramatic wing and some lashes.

For the lips, start by using a red liner to line the middle portions of both of your lips.
Use a black eye liner to line the other corners of your lips.
Blend the black liner out. This will give us a vampy ombre lip.
Add any red lipstick and blend the black in a little more.
And that is it! Here is the finished look!


Did you guys enjoy this pictorial? Let me know in the comments!

What will you be dressing up as for Halloween? If you recreate any of my Halloween series looks, be sure to tag me on Instagram and Twitter #livforlashes

Have an amazing Friday night everyone!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Fllow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

IG @livforlashes com check out my page, follow and like!

Email: Liv_2008@icloud.com












1 comment:

  1. wow it actually looks like lace! Amazing job! My Fave so far! xx

    www.lineupthemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete