Header

Header

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Beauty on a Budget



Like a lot of us, my love for makeup started in the makeup aisle at a local drugstore. While there are a lot of duds sitting on the shelves at places like Walmart and CVS, there are still quite a few that I've tried and loved, and continue to use today. 
Here are my top ten drugstore makeup finds that I adore and always find myself coming back to. 

1. Foundation
L'oreal True Match
I love this foundation. It's a medium coverage, but easy to build up when I want more of a full coverage. The best part is it doesn't oxidize on my skin and it lasts for hours without breaking up or looking patchy. 

2. Mascara
Wet N Wild MegaVolume Mascara
This is the first mascara I EVER tried and it's still one of my everyday go-to products. The formula isn't too thick so I don't have to worry about clumpy, spider leg lashes (unless you're into that). It adds enough length and volume to both my upper and lower lashes to give my eyes a little something without going overboard. 

3. Blush
Milani Baked Powder Blush in "Dolce Pink" and "Red Vino"
These blushes are beautiful on the skin. They have tiny little shimmers that reflect light making your cheeks look like they're flowing. They're very pigmented which is a plus so it's easy to build up, whether I want a sheer wash of color or more dramatics cheeks. 

4. Bronzer 
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in "Sunny"
This is an awesome drugstore find and it's only a few bucks. The color is a warm summery bronze shade without being too orange. It doesn't look muddy on my skin, and my favorite part is that it is matte so I can use it to either bronze up my skin for a little color or contour for definition. 

5. Concealer
L'oreal True Match Concealer
Not only does this pair up beautifully with the true match foundation, it's also light weight and thin enough to blend under my eyes without looking cakey. It also doesn't crease on me at all when set with an undereye setting powder. 

6. Setting Powder
ELF HD Undereye Setting Powder 
This is my absolute favorite. It is so finely milled that it blends into almost nothing on top of my concealer and it lasts all day without my concealer creasing. It does have some tiny little shimmers in it which is a downside, but with a little extra blending, they flick right off. 

7. Brows
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
This kit comes with a wax and two shades of powder to fill the brows in with. I use this on days when I'm in a rush or I want a more natural brow. The brushes that come with it are pretty worthless, but for the price, this kit works wonderfully. Also the wax is a little awkward to use at first but once you find a method this little gem does an awesome job.

8. Eyeshadow
Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Trios
Every girl has probably owned one of these at some point in our lives. These are perfect for simple makeup days. They're so convenient since they have all the shades you need for a complete eye look and they are so smooth and easy to blend. It is, however, hard to find a good quad with a matte shade in it for the crease. 

9. Cream Eyeshadows
Maybelline Color Tattoos Cream Eyeshadows
I looove these and I own every color that I've come across. They're perfect to use as a base to amplify shadow intensity or on their own for a little color on the lids. They do crease a little so I always use a primer underneath and a translucent powder to set it if I'm wearing them alone. I also really love the shade range. From vibrant hues to subtle natural shades there's a color for any eye look. 

10. Lipsticks
Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipsticks
I'm not a fan of Covergirl products generally speaking, but I really like their lipsticks. They are creamy and smooth on the lips and one swipe is enough to get the full color payoff. I always use a liner with these however, since they do feather a bit. 

Well that does it for my top ten drugstore must haves! I hope you liked this post! What are some of your favorite drugstore times? Have you tried any of these? Let me know in the comments!
xoxo
LivforLashes

Products Mentioned:

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

IG @livforlashes come check out my page, follow and like!

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment