Header

Header

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Beauty 101: Fuller Lips | How-To Fake Full Lips

The other day I saw an old friend who I had not seen in about two years. The first thing she said to me was "OMG! Where did you get your lips done at?!" After a moment of confusion I told her I hadn't gotten injections, it's just makeup. She didn't believe that makeup can give someone like me with sad little thin lips full, juicy lips. Throughout lunch, as my lipstick smeared onto my panini and my cup of green tea (don't you hate that with some lipsticks?), she said "Oh ok, I see it now."

In this post, I'm going to show you what I do to achieve full lips, since I seem to be the only one in my family lacking in the pucker department. Now just a note, I don't do all of these steps every day and you've probably seen a million other bloggers and YouTubers do this or something similar, but these are just the things that work best for me personally.  



First, let's look at my aforementioned lips. No fullness anywhere. No definition. Just thin lifeless lips. 

The first step that I do is exfoliate my lips. This removes any dead skin cells and helps bring moisture back into my lips while along them super smooth. My favorite scrub is this lip sugar scrub by Makeup Academy. I leave this on for a minute or two because this scrub contains menthol, which makes my lips tingly and a little fuller. You can find it at CVS. 

Next, wipe off the scrub and grab a wet toothbrush. Use the toothbrush to exfoliate your lips but making small circular motions across your lips. This helps the circulation, making your lips a little swollen. 

After a minute or so of this, I put on a hydrating lip balm. My favorite is this YesTo Naturally Smooth Grapefruit Lip Balm. It leaves my lips so smooth and it's not greasy like some balms. 

Now this step is totally optional and I do not do it everyday, only when I have a full face of makeup on, or if my look centers on my lips. While the lip balm is soaking in, I grab a bit of my Benefit Hoola Bronzer and contour under my bottom lip. This creates a shadow and the illusion of a fuller bottom lip. I prefer to use Hoola to my other bronzers because it's a cooler brown and a little more ashy on my skin. Orange bronzer under my lip is not cute... Not going for a bronzer soul patch here. 

Next, I line my lips just outside of my natural lip line with a nude lip pencil. Nothing too crazy or noticeable, literally right outside of the lip line. I really like these Covergirl Lip Perfection pencils since they are creamy and seem to last for hours on me. This one is in the shade "Seduce."

Now I fill in my lips with the pencil, to conceal my lip color a bit, and blend the new lip line with the rest of my lips. 

On to lipstick. You can use any lipstick, I just like the way pinky nudes look with this process. I used my BH Cosmetics Creme Luxe Lipstick in "Tea Time" to cover the entire lip, including over the lip line I just drew. 

Top the lipstick with a shiny gloss. These Milani Brilliant Shine lip glosses are perfect for this. They aren't sticky or thick and last a really long time. This one is the shade "Pink Lady."

The last thing I do is highlight. I dab a little highlighter right above my Cupid's bow. This brings attention to that area, also helping with the illusion of fuller lips. I also sometimes dab a little right in the center of my lips. This adds dimension to my lips, again, helping with the illusion. 

And that's it! It seems like a lot of steps but really it takes maybe an extra three minutes to do and as you can see, it is so worth it. Nothing ruins am awesome makeup look like thin little lips, to me anyways. 

What are some tips and tricks that you use to help make you lips look fuller? Let me know in the comments and be sure to follow me on Twitter and Instagram for more looks and little beauty tidbits! 

Thanks for reading!

xoxo
LivforLashes
Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

IG @livforlashes come check out my page, follow and like!

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment