Header

Header

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Halloween Series | Day 7- Burnt Face
















Day 7 of my Halloween Series is inspired by one of my favorite makeup artists that I follow on Instagram, Mykie. She also posted an awesome tutorial on YouTube (check it out here, she really is amazing at apecial effects!) on how to do burns. She completely covers half of her face but I just wasn't brave enough to cover my eyebrows with latex (hey, it took a long time to grow these babies out). 
So, here is my version. 
Start out with your makeup already done however you want it. I did a dark smokey eye. 
Now get some liquid latex and apply it in patches with a disposable sponge to the areas that you want your "burns" to be. Let dry and reapply several times to build the latex up. 
While the last coat of your latex is still wet, press on some random pieces of torn tissue, giving the skin texture. 
Apply another coat of latex over the top of the tissue and let dry. 
Now with either your nails or tweezers, start to puncture holes in the latex. Mess around with different sizes to find a style of burn that you like. 
Grab some black and red paint and mix it together. Use this to paint in the holes. 
Dab some of the red paint around the entire wound. 
Start adding yellow, purple and brown eyeshadows around the entire burn, to resemble burnt, festered flesh (nice visual, I know).
Go back and darken the holes a bit with black eyeshadow. 
Make sure you get under the latex flaps a bit as well. 
Grab some Vaseline or a skin lubricant and pat some all over the burns, to make them look juicy like an actual burns does (again with the gross visuals).
Dab a little bit of fake blood around the edges of the holes. Like Mykie says in her video, burns don't bleed too much so you don't have to get to crazy with the fake blood. 
When you're done you should have something like this!
This is super cool and an easy costume idea if you don't want to buy an actual costume. You can just slap this on your face and go and still look kind of scary and nasty. 


Did you guys enjoy this pictorial? Let me know in the comments!

What will you be dressing up as for Halloween? If you recreate any of my Halloween series looks, be sure to tag me on Instagram and Twitter #livforlashes

Have a good Sunday night everyone!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

IG @livforlashes come check out my page, follow and like!

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment