Header

Header

Monday, November 3, 2014

MAC Heirloom Mix Collection | Lipstick Review + Swatch


First I want to say SORRY! I wasn't able to finish my Halloween series or post anything at all this last week because, well life happens. My computer decided it didn't want to turn on ever again, then I was sick for a few days and then I had to work some other days. There was just no way I could have posted anything so I apologize for that. But now that I'm back up and running, I'm going to jump straight into a new review. 
As many MAC lovers know, a couple of weeks ago they launched their new holiday collections: the Heirloom Mix Collection and their holiday Keepsakes Collection. I ordered some stuff from both, but due to UPS (not getting into that rant right now) I have only received the Heirloom Collection lipsticks so far. 

I ordered all five of the Heirloom Mix lipsticks and so far I really like them! Starting with the packaging, it's similar to the regular MAC lipstick packaging only it's a glossy black with flecks of glitter in it. It's very beautiful and not too flashy and let face it, pretty packaging suckers me in. 

They have five shades: Salon Rouge, No Faux Pas, Rebel, Tribalist, and Sparks of Romance. All of them are limited edition shades, except for Rebel, which is a permanent color in new packaging. 
Salon Rouge is a matte, cool-toned red. It's a classic color that works well for all skin tones, I think. It wore for about five hours before fading away, but still left a nice stain. It wasn't drying and it didn't feather which is a plus. MAC Runway Red is pretty similar in my opinion.
• • •

No Faux Pas is a bright, flamingo fuchsia color. This one is also matte, and again it wasn't drying and lasted for four or five hours. MAC Good Kisser is similar, though No Faux Pas is slightly darker.
(Excuse the scratches, new kitten in the house)
• • •
Rebel is a darker berry shade. This one is a satin finish and goes on smooth and opaque. It lasted for several hours and left a stain, though it was a little patchy looking. This one is part of their permanent line so there's no rush to buy it unless you like the packaging.
• • •
Tribalist is the darkest of the range. It is an amplified creme formula that's a rich wine color. It goes on smooth but it is a little slippery and feathered within two hours and smeared all around my mouth. When used with a liner, it's more manageable but stilly least favorite in the collection. The color is amazing but the formula... Not so much. Sin is similar more matte comparison I would say.
• • •
The last in the line is Sparks of Romance. This is a brighter more orange based red with flecks of gold glitter throughout. It is also matte and the glitter is so small it's hardly noticeable, it just gives a gorgeous sheen to the lips. It lasted around five hours and left a bright red stain which was actually kind of pretty. This one is a perfect red for the holidays. MAC Ruby is a similar shade, though it is a tad but warmer.

Salon Rouge, No Faux Pas, Rebel, Tribalist, Sparks of Romance


I hope you enjoyed this post! Did you pick up any of the new MAC holiday collection items? Let me know in the comments!

xoxo
LivforLashes

All lipsticks are $17.50 at MAC

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

IG @livforlashes come check out my page, follow and like!

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment