Header

Header

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Eyes | Lipstick Try-On

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful day with some awesome food! Now that my food coma has worn off, I thought I'd post a pictorial of how I did my makeup today. For me, Thanksgiving is the official kick off date for fun holiday makeup, so even though we weren't going anywhere today and it was just family all day, I decided to spice things up and make it really smokey and sultry.
I was inspired by cranberries. Fresh cranberries are the prettiest shades of reds and burgundies and I thought that would make a perfect look!

Let's jump right in!

Start with primed lids. Dramatic eyeshadow starts to just look sloppy and smeared if it creases. I wanted my eye makeup to last all day without touch ups or without it melting off in the kitchen. 

Next I grabbed my Maybelline Color Tattoo in the shade "Pomegranate Punk" and used my finger to apply that as a base all over my lid. 


Take a dense blending brush and blend out the edges of the red, bringing it up into the crease. 


From the Anastasia Beverly Hills Tamana Palette, blend "Bengal" into the crease to soften the edge of the red cream shadow. 


Taking "Sangria" from the same palette, pack that into the outer and inner corners of the lid. Blend out the edges to soften it up some.  


Now, take "Noir" (or any matte black) and apply that to the same areas as "Sangria."


Blend out the edges again. If needed, take a little more "Sangria" to soften the black. 


Highlight the inner corner and brow bone with "Blush."


For the middle of the lid, I used my pinky finger to pack on some Loreal Infallible Eye Shadow in the shade "Iced Latte." I find if you want the most intense color payoff with these, your fingers (clean fingers!) are honestly your best tools. Blend the edges of that shade too. 


Now run some "Bengal" under your eye, going down pretty low.


Do the same with "Sangria" only staying closer to the lashes with this shade.


Finally, blend "Noir" into the outer part of the lower lash line, right in the lashes. 


Add some mascara and falsies if you choose and that's it for this look! 

Here is a close up of the eye makeup.


Now no look is complete without some lipstick. I couldn't decide which shade I wanted to wear so I tried on five. 
 
First is Honey Love by MAC.

Next I tried Velvet Teddy from MAC

Divine Wine from the Maybelline Mattes collection was next. 

Then I tried Rebel also from MAC

Finally I tried on Goddess by Lorac

I ultimately decided on Goddess. Who says you can't wear purple in the fall?

Which lipstick do you think looks best? 
Well I hope you enjoyed this post! Have an amazing Thanksgiving night and for those of you going out shopping, stay safe!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Products mentioned:

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com













2 comments: