Header

Header

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Smashbox On The Rocks Photo Op Eye Shadow Palette | Review

This is by far my favorite time of year when it comes to makeup. Holiday sets are always amazing and you can always find killer deals for them. And the packaging is always to die for. This year, I went a little crazy and purchased quite a few holiday items. One such thing was this beautiful Smashbox On The Rocks Photo Op Eyeshadow palette.
(Sephora Haul post coming soon!)
This thing is seriously beautiful. It was a bargain for only $36, considering that Smashbox tends to be a little more pricy compared to other high end brands. 

The packaging of the palette is so gorgeous. It's a simple black with foil diamonds all over the front that sparkle in the light. Just amazing. 
Opening it up, it comes with 12 shadows, mostly shimmer or satin jewel tones and in the center is a cute jewel accent. 


Usually I'm more of a neutral kind of gal but these shadows are seriously amazing. They are super pigmented and even more so with a primer or white base, and aside from a slight graininess with the shadows containing fine glitter, they are super creamy. 
The only downside I'd say, is that out of the 12 shades, only two are matte, and both are a light shade, not really suitable for a transition color (for me anyways). This palette is perfect for dramatic eyes.
Here's some swatches :
 
Sapphires, Mist, Confectionette, Bourbon, Midnight Emerald, Obsidian
 
Blacktop, Coronation, Nutmeg, Opus , Vanilla, Chianti

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post! Be sure to follow me on my other social media sites for more! 
What holiday items have you bought this year? Let me know in the comment!

xoxo
LivforLashes
 
Limited edition "On The Rocks" holiday items from Smashbox include:
Brush Set- $62

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment