Header

Header

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Flash Tattoos | Tattoo Jewelry Review

All over Instagram lately, tattoo jewelry, aka flash tats, seems to be all the rage. Ever since Beyoncé was spotted on vacation sporting an awesome belly chain tat, it seems like there's companies selling them everywhere. I myself have been dying to try Snap Tats. they have sheets of the tats starting at about $9 a pop per sheet and they have beautiful designs in gold, silver, black and even a baby blue sheet. unfortunately for me, the two sheets that I really want have been sold out FOREVER, so until "Kelly Blue" and "Catherine" are back in stock, I've been on the hunt for another alternative.

I was pleasantly surprised to find these ones at my local Stylez For Less clothing shop. For only $3.99 for the sheet of designs, I kind of wasn't expecting a whole lot of wear time with these. They're super simple to apply, you just cut out the design you want, place it design side down against your skin and press a damp cloth against the backing, just like the temporary tattoos they used to sell in quarter machines when we were kids. After just a few seconds, the paper backing slides off and voila! You have a beautiful faux tattoo shimmering gold or silver in the sunlight!


I decided to apply the designs in a few different places to test how long they last, if they flake off, etc. I'm sure we all remember that time when we were kids a few weeks after putting a temp tattoo on, how there would always be that one weird little spot that never came off? The part you'd spend countless baths and showeres trying to scrub off? That's that kind of wear I was looking for with these. I applied three "bracelets" (the longer ones I cut in half), a "Love" tattoo on the outer side of my hand, and two designs on my fingers. Working in a hospital, you wash and sanitize your hands A LOT, so I was eager to see how long they would last.

Here is a shot right after applying them.

They look really pretty in the light and I really like how they look so delicate and girly. They do kind of lay on the skin a little weird, so I would definitely moisturize before hand, just so it doesn't sink into any dry skin areas.

Two days in, and they still looked really good to me. The gold on my fingers did fade a little bit, but nothing too noticeable, and the metallic sheen was still there.



Four days in, and no changes from day two. The triangle on my middle finger did start to come off a teeny tiny bit where my two fingers met, but again, nothing too noticeable.


One week and still looks awesome (sorry for bad picture...candid picture that hubby took). Ill check back in after a few more days and update how theyre holding up. So far though, I would say that they are definitely worth the $3.99.


Have you tried temporary jewelry tattoos? How did you like them? I would love to hear your thoughts so let me know in the comments!

xoxo
LivforLashes

You can find jewelry tattoos here:
M.INK Tattoos
SnapTats
Princess P. Jewelry (@queenpee on instagram)
Flash Tats

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

2 comments:

  1. Definitely try snap tats. They are amazing and so pretty

    ReplyDelete