Header

Header

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot Box O' Blushes | Review

A few weeks ago after telling myself over and over that I didn't want it, I caved and picked up Benefit's new Cheeky Sweet Spot Box O' Blushes blush collection. It's just a collection of five of their blushes, a bronzer, a sample of their Watts Up! and a mini blush brush. There really is nothing special about it, but I'm glad that I purchased it. 
The packaging is totally cute in true Benefit style (you can't expect anything less from them packaging-wise) as the product comes in a cute tin can decorated with bright orange and green. It is a little bulky and not very practical, but for a holiday collection I won't complain. It has five deluxe blush samples: Dandelion, Sugarbomb, Bellabomba, Coralista, and Rockateur. It also has a deluxe sample of Hoola, the very popular bronzer from the brand.

I like how the blushes are about the same size (length x width) as Benefit's regular sized blushes. It makes it a little easier to use a big fluffy brush to pick up product without going overboard. It's also such a good deal since this collection is only $36, and just one blush from Benefit runs about $30.
All five blushes are pigmented and so pretty and I actually really like having all of the shades in one package to compare them when deciding which one I want to wear. 

The first one is Dandelion. It is a soft mauve-pink shade. It's such a delicate shade, it's perfect for adding a touch of color for a natural flush. 

Second in the set is Bellabomba. This one is probably my favorite. It's a coral pink shade with tiny shimmers in it. I wore it pretty much all summer and it adds a beautiful healthy glow to the cheeks.

 Next is Sugarbomb. This one is a mixture of shimmery shades including a yellow-gold, a cool toned pink, an orange based pink and more purple based shade. Mixed together these create an awesome color that's so glowy and soft on the skin. I like how I can customize my blush shade too by using only one or a combo of a few of the colors together. 


The first one in the bottom row is Hoola. Hoola is a matte bronzer great for contouring. It's not too warm and doesn't look muddy on the skin. I prefer more ashy browns for contouring and this one is perfect for that. 
 
Next up is Coralista. This one is similar to Bellaboma, but more peachy colored. This one is good for adding a wash of color to add a little life to the face. 
 
The final shade is Rockateur. This one is similar to NARS Sin. It's deeper in color and a good berry shade for fall. This one is my favorite, since I love the cooler more berry blush shades.

Well I hope you enjoyed this post! Stay tuned for more holiday set reviews and swatches!
Have you guys picked up any of Benefit's holiday sets? Let me know in the comments!

xoxo
LivforLashes

You can find the Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot blush collection here, here and here for $36. 

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment