Header

Header

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

What's In My Makeup Bag? | Casual Weekend

So this past weekend, my husband and I took our girls for a little mini getaway to visit family in Arizona. It was super casual, just hanging around, but even then, I HAD pack a makeup bag with a few essentials. I tend to go for more drugstore products (bad travel experience... Missing makeup bag... Tons of high end products lost), so what did I pack for our family visit?

First off, let's start with the bag. This super adorable Ariel bag was actually part of the ELF Ariel collection released at Walgreens this past summer. I bought the entire collection, but honestly this bag was my favorite item. It's so cute and the perfect size for weekend traveling. 

I always bring a travel primer and my little MAC Sized To Go Fix+. It's a tiny 30ml bottle that's totally ideal for traveling. It fits easily in my bag and I don't have to worry about losing my bigger (more expensive!) bottle. The primer I took this weekend was Benefit's POREfessional. Northeastern Arizona has  super dry weather all year round and my skin always looks dull and my pores seem more pronounced when my skin is dry. This stuff helps blur and smooth things out. 

For foundation and powder, I packed my favorite (at the moment at least) drugstore products, the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation and powder. I won't go too in depth since I discussed it in my October monthly favorites post (read here). It's good for the dry weather and doesn't settle into lines or dry skin patches so it was the perfect choice for our trip. 

For this trip I packed my current favorite concealer, NYX HD Concealer. Sometimes I go without but after a long drive (six hours!) my eyes look tired and heavy with under eye circles and concealer is a must. I just bring along a little white triangle sponge to blend it in. 

For brows I packed my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Taupe and my Maybelline Brow Drama brow mascara. These are the most convenient and easy to apply products for me to fill my brows in, something essential when you're rushing around to get everyone ready to go visit family and run errands. And this brow mascara is awesome. I like it better than my ABH brow gel. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge or make my brows sticky. 

I always pack a blush and tend to go without bronzer and this weekend I took my Revlon Powder Blush in the shade Mauvelous. My favorite blushes are the darker warm shades and this fits the bill. It's quick to blend out and lasts all day so it's perfect for traveling and long drives.

I also always pack a couple different eye liners and this time around I brought my ELF Studio Cream Liner in black and this NYX bronze liquid liner. The ELF one is good for every day wear and easy to apply and this NYX one is good for a fun but subtle eye look. 

I like to bring along two mascaras, one regular black one and a waterproof black one. These are two of my favorite drugstore ones (who hasn't tried Maybelline Great Lash?). I have a crazy family and we have a lot of laugh-til-you-cry moments so that's why I like to have a waterproof in my travel bag. 

I usually always have a few lipsticks in my purse, so I like to pack a gloss in my makeup bag that layers well with a few different lip colors. I love this Milani one in the shade "Luminous.".  It adds a pretty shine and really spices up whichever lipstick is laying around in my purse. I also can't forget lip balm. I love the bareMinerals Jack of all Trades balm. It's moisturizing and softens my lips and these add a touch of color too which is nice. 

For eyeshadow, I try to bring a versatile palette that I can use for the whole trip. This time around I brought my Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette. These little palettes are perfect for travel. They're small and have a good variety of shades to do a different look for every day of a trip. I also brought along a cheap ELF primer, just to help with the wear of the eyeshadow. 

I also can't forget brushes. I try to bring the bare minimum for brushes. I always bring at least a fluffy kabuki brush, a foundation brush, a few blending brushes and an angle brush. 

Tweezers are a must for me when traveling. Sometimes it seems an errant eyebrow hair pops up overnight in the most noticeable place and it's convenient to be able to pluck it out in a pinch. 

Well that does it for me! I hope you liked this post! What are some of your makeup bag essentials for traveling? I'd love to hear what some of your favorite travel-friendly products are!

Take care everyone and have an awesome day!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Products mentioned:
Ariel makeup bag (it was limited edition, so unfortunately it is unavailable now)

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment