Header

Header

Monday, December 1, 2014

November Favorites


December is here! I literally CAN NOT believe that the end of the year is here already. November flew by and with it came some favorite products that I loved all month long. With winter comes dry and sensitive skin for me, so this last month I tried to focus on hydrating my skin and keeping it looking fresh and healthy. Let's get right in to my November favorites!

First up this month is this Acne Free Deep Cleansing Duo. It is essentially a Clarisonic dupe accompanied by a cleanser. I bought this kind of last minute a few months ago when my Clarisonic broke. I didn't feel like spending $100+ for a replacement, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found this at Walmart for about $20. This has saved my skin this last month. It has two speeds and the brush works really well to exfoliate the dry flaky skin. The cleanser is also very mild and didn't irritate my skin which is a plus.

Dry skin means I need a moisturizing primer for my foundation. This Revlon PhotoReady Color Correcting Primer is perfect. It's a thicker lotion consistency which helps keep some moisture in my skin and the color correcting formula is awesome for helping combat some of the redness that colder weather brings.

To pair with the primer, I've turned back to my L'oreal True Match Lumi foundation. It has an SPF of 20 and it gives that nice dewy finish which I love this time of year. It doesn't cling to any dry patches I have and it stays on all day without oxidizing or getting patchy as well. I love how it reflects the light off of my skin so it doesn't look dull. Only downside is I have to mix two shades (n1-2 and w3) to get my shade.

I've always loved my Makeup Academy Sugar Lip Scrub, but since my lips get so chapped with any change in the weather, this is a lifesaver. I just run a little on my lips, let it soak in for a minute or two and wipe it off. It leaves my lips so soft and smooth and gets rid of the dry skin.

After using my lip scrub, I've been following up with this Nivea Lip Butter in Raspberry Rose Kiss. This balm is thick and creamy and doesn't leave my lips feeling greasy like some lip balms.

Keeping with the lip theme at the moment, this last month I've been loving Lolita Studded Kiss Lipstick by Kat Von D. I've had Lolita for a while (two other tubes of it!) but this particular tube seems to be a slightly different hue than the other two. It's a perfect neutral fall lip color and it's matte, which what I tend to like more in the fall and winter months.

In last month's Ipsy bag (you can use this referral link here if interested), I received this J.Cat Beauty Wonder Lip Paint in Red Potion and at first I didn't like it. It was runny and watery and it feathered like crazy. But after watching Chrisspy's Lip Swatch Video and finding out you have to squish the tube around to mix the product first, I've really been liking this. It's dark and vampy and lasts a long time. And with a liner it doesn't feather at all, good since it doesn't dry matte.

For eyeshadows, I've been reaching for my It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette almost daily. It has 14 all matte shades plus a shimmer "transformer" shade and I just love it. It has a good mix of warm and cool tones and you can do any look with this. Plus the shadows are smooth and blend like a dream.

On days when I want something fast and simple, NARS Kuala Lampur eyeshadow duo has been my go-to. I've always loved this one (I'm working on my third one now!) and until recently I forgot I even had it! The two shades are just beautiful too. The lighter one is a pretty peachy gold and the purple has tiny gold reflect, complementing each other perfectly. 

As much as I've been on the fence with this, lately I've actually been loving my Urban Decay original Naked Flushed palette. Originally I didn't like it much since I found the powders to be a little chalky but with a spray of MAC Fix+ this actually looks pretty nice on the skin. The bronzer is perfect for giving a little color in my face without a bunch if shimmer and the highlight is subtle too for a healthy glow. The blush is also season appropriate right now.

Well that does it for my monthly favorites! What products were your go-to items this last month?

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful night everyone!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Products Mentioned:

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment