Header

Header

Saturday, December 27, 2014

2014 Favorites | Eyeshadow Palettes, Eye primers, Liners, Mascara, Brows

I'm going to jump straight in to the next post of my 2014 favorites. Last post was  about blushes and bronzers and whatnot and this one will be all about my favorite products for my eyes. 
 
This year I really fell back in love with palettes again. This one is Stila's Eyes Are the Windows Soul Palette. I picked this up in September or so and it's become a favorite. The shades are perfect for any look with five mattes shades and seven shimmers. It's a neutral palette so it's been my go-to for easy makeup days. 


Next is the Amrezy palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills. I almost passed this up because I wasn't too impressed with it at first but I'm glad that I did buy it. It has quickly become my favorite for creating warm smokey looks and I really love the vibrant emerald and purple shades to add a little color to any look. 


I couldn't NOT include my Lorac Pro Palette. This one is a repurchase since I hit pan in most of the shadows in my first one. The shadows are so smooth and buttery and this palette is amazingly versatile to create literally any look. 

My last favorite palette has been the Too Faced Chocolate Bar. This is another neutral one that been one of my most reached for palettes this last year. I love the mix of shimmer and matte shades in this one and that purple is AMAZING!


My favorite eyeliners this year have all been affordable liners. I really like my Inglot and Motives black gel liner, but I always find myself reaching for the Maybelline Eye Studio Gel liner more. It's smooth and creamy and easy to draw on without smearing. It also sets really well. 

The NYC liquid liner has been a favorite for years and I don't think that will ever change. It's so dark and doesn't flake off like many liquid liners do and for a few bucks you really can't beat that. 

Lastly is this Sephora brand waterproof liquid liner. This is a favorite for days when my eyes are maybe a little watery or days when I really want my makeup to stay flawless for hours. It's nice and dark and the brush is easy to work with. 


My go-to primers this year have been these three. I've always been a fan of the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer ever since it came out and I still really like it. The Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer has also quickly become a favorite. It helps my shadow stay flawless literally all day. The last one is this Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. I bought this last fall and it's become probably my all-time favorite. It's kind if tacky and really helps the eyeshadow stuck to the lid without creasing. 



For mascara this last year I've really been living Benefit's They're Real! Mascara. I've gotten about six or seven samples of it and haven't had to actually buy a tube all year. I like the formula and how it really thickens my lashes. I also love the brush! It can get a little annoying trying to get the smaller lashes with this brush but it really separates them really well so it's amazing. 
 
My other favorite has been my Makeup Forever Smoky Extravagant mascara. The brush is shaped kind of like a Christmas tree and it really helps to separate and coat every single eye lash. The formula is also really good for length and volume. 


Finally on to brows, my favorite this year has hands down been my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. This literally changed my brow game. A little goes a very long way and I like how I can use it for natural barely filled in brows or more product for intense more defined brows. 

I've also really like the Brow Powder Duo from ABH for filling in the front part of my brows. It blends really naturally and helps to soften up my eyebrows. 

Another favorite (which I forgot to take a picture of!) is the Maybelline Brow Drama Brow Gel. This is amazing for drugstore and I absolutely love it. It helps to coat the brows and add a little texture which is  ideal for me, since my natural brow hairs are thin and sparse. 

What were some of your favorite products for creating the perfect eye this year? I'd love to hear and please stay tuned for the final post of my 2014 favorites, lip products coming soon!

Thank for reading and have a good day everyone!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Products Mentioned:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy palette (Limited Edition)

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com





No comments:

Post a Comment