Header

Header

Thursday, December 18, 2014

2014 Favorites | Highlighters, Bronzers, Blushes and Contour Powders


Welcome to the second part of my 2014 favorites! In my last post I went over my favorite products from this past year to create my base. In this post I'm going to focus on my favorite highlighters, blushes, bronzers and contour products.
Highlighters

One of my all time favorite highlighters is Becca Opal. It is so beautiful. It's a gorgeous golden shade and I feel like it's very versatile. It looks amazing on the tops of the cheeks and I even use it as an eyeshadow on my light makeup days, for a little shimmer and dimension.
Too Faced Candelight Glow illuminating powder is another favorite. I never really hear too much about this one, and its pretty underrated. It's technically an illuminating setting powder. It's a subtle champagne gold highlighter that is very fine. It's perfect for adding a touch of shimmer without fear of looking like a disco ball.
MAC Soft & Gentle Mineralized Skin Finish. This was everywhere this past year ever since it was released and there's no wonder why everyone raves about it. It's like the "Whisper of Guilt" of 2014. It's a beige-y gold shade perfect for light to medium skin tones. I like how you can build this one up too form subtle shimmer to holy disco ball!
Sephora MicroSmooth highlighter in Moon Dust is a perfect dupe for NARS Albatross and I actually prefer this to my NARS one. It's a yellow gold tone and I found myself reaching for this all summer. I also really love how it is super affordable.
Bronzers

I absolutely love my NARS Laguna bronzer. It's always been a favorite of mine and I can't see myself NOT liking it. It's a perfect warm shade that doesn't come off as orange or muddy on my skin. I also really like the subtle shimmers in it that help give my skin a warm healthy glow.
This ELF bronzer from their St. Lucia bronzer/blush in the shade is a pretty good dupe for Laguna, so I think that's why I am drawn to it. It's almost a total match only slightly more orange. And the best part is it's only $3. With a light hand and a nice fluffy brush, this looks pretty nice on the skin.
I got this Pop Beauty Bronzer in an ipsy bag this past summer and at first I wasn't too impressed, but after a few uses, I've really come to enjoy it. It blends really smooth and its light enough that you really can't mess up your bronzer with this.

I bought this BH Cosmetics Bombshell Bronzer in Siren back in the beginning of the year and I've loved it since. It's almost too shimmery sometimes, but I like to use it when I'm a little more tan and want that super glow.

Blushes

NARS Sin has been my all time favorite blush FOREVER. I am obsessed with darker wine colored blushes and this one is amazing. It has a slight shimmer to it and the color is amazing. It's builable for more dramatic looks or perfect for a light wash of color.

I've always been a fan of Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes, and this last year I've been reaching for the shade Flush a lot. This is actually a new one that I bought since I used up every last bit of my last one. It's very sheer and good for a light flush and I like how its almost impossible to pick up too much of this blush on your brush.

No.7 is a new brand for me that my Target started selling this year. I picked up this blush in the shade Soft Damson when I was going through a mauve blush phase and I've been loving this ever since. It's a pretty dusty pink shade that goes on so smooth and not the least bit chalky. I also really like that its a drugstore product, which we all know can be hard to find a good blush there.

This last year I bought two of the Too Faced Sweethearts blushes and this one in the shade Something About Berry has been my favorite. It's a little more shimmery with tiny glitter in it but its perfect for dramatic looks or days when I've gone easier on the eyes and lips.

Contour Powders

This was also the year of contour and I think everyone got on the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit bandwagon, or at least wanted to. I actually has a custom kit made but after it was stolen I bought the original. I love how there are three different matte bronzer shades to mix and create a custom color depending on your skin time and season. Ibe really been loving the shades Fawn and Havana.

The Balm's Bahama Mama is another favorite. It's matte and kind of cool toned, perfect for sculpting cheekbones. It doesn't come off as orange at all and it's super easy to blend too. And the packaging is super cute too!
 
Hoola by Benefit is a cult favorite and it's no surprise to me. It's slightly warmer in my skin than Bahama Mama, but really soft and blendable. I also like how easy it is to build up if I want a sharper contour. A little goes a long way with Hoola, I've actually been using these sample sizes for over a year now. 
 
I couldn't forget my all time favorite, Chocolate Soleil from Too Faced. The chocolate scent sold me (I mean who doesn't like chocolate?!), but the formula is perfect. It's not chalky it's super smooth and color is spot in. I bought both this and the Milk Chocolate Soleil and they're just perfect for contouring. 

Well that does it for this part of my 2014 favorites! What were some of your favorite highlighters, blushes and bronzers? Any awesome products I should try? Let me know in the comments and stay tuned for my favorite shadow palettes and liners in my next favorites of 2014 post!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com


No comments:

Post a Comment