Header

Header

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Favorites | Lipsticks and Glosses

Welcome back everyone! So this is my final installment of my 2014 favorites and I decided to save the best (the best to me at least) for last: Lips! This last year I really stepped up my lipstick game and tried to branch out from my usual sheer nudes, but I failed, since my favorite this year were all pretty much haha. I've always loved lipstick and it's always been my favorite makeup product and it was SOOO hard to choose just a few! Included in this post are my top ten favorite lip products from 2014. Enjoy!
  • Velvet Teddy by MAC- This has been one of my all time favorite lipsticks for years and I doubt that will ever change. Velvet Teddy has that perfect balance between brown and pink. Its so versatile too since practically any skin tone can wear it.


  • Tea Time by BH Cosmetics- Usually I don't like buying lipsticks online since I can't swatch them but I took a chance with this one and I am so happy that I did. Its a beautiful peachy pink shade that has made a permanent home in my purse for days when I want to throw some lipstick on. It's a beautiful nude and I like how it turns up a little more orange on my lips than pink.


  • Lovecraft by Kat Von D- Lovecraft is very similar to Velvet Teddy, but it pulls a little more purple on my lips and I have really been digging that this past year. I love how creamy and moisturizing this lipstick is too, which is rare for a matte formula.


  • Saucy Mauve by L'Oreal- I have never really been a fan of any of L'Oreal's lipsticks and I bought this one on a whim and it turned out to be one of my most worn this year. its a really pretty mauve color (hence the name ha) and I was surprised at how opaque and creamy this lipstick was without being too slippery or feathering a ton.


  • Nude Crème by Milani- Milani lipsticks have always been a hit with me since I first started wearing lipstick and this color is so pretty that I've accidentally bought it four times. I'm just drawn to it. it literally is the perfect nude for my skin tone. Not too pink, not too orange, perfect. I also like how this cream formula is a little dryer so it doesn't slip around on my lips. 


  • Honeylove by MAC- I've had a love hate relationship with Honeylove and this last year I finally figured out the tricks to make this work for me. its a very light nude, a color that can easily wash me out but with the right liner this lipstick is amazing. Its more beige on me with subtle pink undertones and its been one of my everyday go-to lipsticks


  • Touch of Spice by Maybelline- everyone went wild when Maybelline introduced their creamy matte line this last fall and I was no exception. I bought all ten shades (check out my review and swatch HERE) and Touch of Spice has been my favorite! It literally screams fall. Its that perfect mix between dusty rose and vampy red and I've literally gone nuts for it.


  • Goddess by Lorac- Goddess has literally been my shade this year. This was the first purple lipstick that I was brave enough to wear outside of the house and I am hooked. It is a beautiful violet shade and the formula is AMAZING! So creamy and opaque and the staying power is awesome. Four hours later and it always looks freshly applied.


  • Nude Touch Brilliant Shine Lip gloss by Milani- This last year I have been obsessed with this lip gloss. Alone it is a pretty beige nude but it literally can be worn over any lipstick to amp things up. I also love how its smooth and not the least bit sticky, which I absolutely hate with lip glosses.


  • Éclair Butter Gloss by NYX- When NYX first released these butter glosses, I went out and bought every shade, but Éclair has been my most loved for sure. its a pretty cotton candy pink but doesn't come off as too Barbie or too girly and I love to add a touch of this over my red or pink lipsticks. It really is beautiful and again, the formula is perfect for a lip gloss.


 
Well that does it for my 2014 favorites! I can't wait to see what 2015 brings and what products ill fall in love with next year. Who knows, maybe some of this year's products will make the list!
 
What have been some of your favorite makeup products from 2014? I'd love to hear in the comments and thanks for reading!
 
Have a fun and safe new year everyone!
 
xoxo
LivforLashes
 
Products Mentioned:
 
Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes
 
Find me on Instagram @livforlashes
 
 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE honey love but its so pale on my skin. what lip liner do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mac Whirl and NYX Natural are good options to pair with Honeylove

      Delete