Header

Header

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Marshall's Finds | Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick

After seeing tons of girls posting pictures of high-end makeup finds from Marshall's on MakeupSocial, I decided to hit up the Marshall's down the street to see if I could find anything good. I've never been too impressed with their makeup selection (I can get elf somewhere else) so I rarely even browse that section whenever I go there. 
This time, I was in for a happy surprise. They had an entire shelf full of Kat Von D Everlasting Love and Foiled Love liquid lipsticks. If you've followed my blog for like a second you've probably caught on that I love lip products so I was pretty excited about this. And the best part? They were marked as only $6.99 a piece! Even better part? They rang up as $3.99 at the register!! HUGE savings considering they run for $19 a pop at Sephora. 

I bought the five shades available: Outlaw, Berlin, Lolita, Forever & Never, and Adora. *All swatches are one swipe, no liner and no concealer for clean up.*

Outlaw
This is described as a brick red shade and it is definitely a true red. It's very pigmented and easy to apply and once these things dry, they are set for hours! I wore this one Sunday night to dinner and it held up without any sort of fading throughout the meal. Even when I was removing my makeup, I had to really scrub to get it off. Another plus is that the Everlasting Love lipsticks dry matte.

Berlin
This is a rosy red shade, more pink than Outlaw. Also easy to apply, but this one was kind of streaky so it took a few coats to get it fully opaque. This one also lasted a long time. I wore it most of the day Monday from 1pm on and even after accidentally falling asleep in it, I woke up the next morning at 5:30 and it still looked freshly applied.

Lolita
A moment of happy silence for this one. I've had Lolita on my Sephora wish list for months and it's ALWAYS sold out. Every sephora I go to is always out of this one so when I found this at Marshall's I literally squealed and clapped my hands like a mad woman. This is more brownish than the actual lipstick version of it, which I have, but I still love it. It's similar to Velvet Teddy.

Forever & Never
This is one of the two Foiled Love lipsticks I got. It's a very pretty metallic beige shade in the tube but on the lips it's lacking. It took several layers just to get it to show up on my lips and this one is seriously streaky. This one would probably be best layered on top of another lipstick. This one was easier to remove than the Everlasting Love lipsticks though.

Adora
This is like the metallic version of Outlaw. It applies very opaque, but once dry, it settles a bit and loses some of it's luster and metallic qualities. It's still a very pretty shade and I could definitely see myself wearing it this holiday season.

Have you found any goodies at Marshall's? Let me know! I'd also love to hear your thoughts on these liquid lipsticks!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Good find. Ive.gone to four.marshalls and cant fimd LOlita :( only Outlaw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got lucky before everyone went crazy trying to find them honestly!

      Delete