Header

Header

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Holiday Cut Crease | Pictorial

Hey guys! Christmas is a few days away (yay!) and I thought I would try to squeeze in a few holiday looks for you. Holidays are usually blown up and extravagant in our house, so everyone always dresses to the nines. I usually go for something understated but this year I wanted to try something a little different and do a cut crease. Keep reading if you'd like to see how I did this look. 
So first things first, prime your lids. Primer helps the shadow to stick to your eyelid and it also helps prevent creasing, which is important to keep your cut crease nice and clean. I used my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion


For the eyes, I used my Stila Eyes Are The Windows "Soul" palette. First I took "Individual" and "Heart" and blended that into the upper crease. 

Next, I took "Being" and darkened up the crease, again blending upward.

Now take a black eyeshadow, I used "Essence" from the same palette, and define the lower part of the shadow we already put down. 

Be sure to blend everything together with a dense fluffy brush to smooth out any harsh lines. 

Now it's time to define the cut crease. I found it's easier to use concealer and a flat brush. Dip the brush in the concealer and carefully carve out the crease, making the line sharp. 

We should have something like this so far. 

Now take a gold or champagne shimmery eyeshadow, I used "Kitten" (my favorite shadow ever), and pack that into the lid, below the cut crease. 

For the lower lashes, I wanted green, so to make my green shadow pop I first applied a cream base. For this I used my Covergirl Flamed Out shadow pencil in this frosty olive shade. 

From my Smashbox On the Rocks Photo Op palette, I took "Midnight Emerald" and packed that into the cream shadow with a small detail brush. 

Blend out the green with a little bit of "Individual" on a blending brush. 

For eyeliner, I wanted a wing, but nothing too dramatic. I just used my Elf Cream Eyeliner on a small angles brush for this since it was on hand. 


For a little bit if sparkle, I used my NYX gold glitter liner and dabbed it along where I put the green eyeshadow. 

To complete the look, add a coat of mascara and some false lashes. I used the "Devon Rex" faux mink lashes by Nubounsom

And here's the completed look! I hope you liked this post and feel free to comment any suggestions! 

 

 



Have an awesome day everyone!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Products used:
Nubounsom Devon Rex faux mink lashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com 





No comments:

Post a Comment