Header

Header

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Emerald Holiday Smokey Eyes | Pictorial

Christmas is tomorrow you guys! I am super excited. I get to get out of San Diego for a few days (as beautiful as it is) and go back home to Arizona for a week or so. Before I leave though, I wanted to post a more dramatic holiday look. Usually, for me at least, we have a more formal get together on Christmas Eve where everyone kind of goes all out, so I wanted to try 0out something different this year. My go-to is usually a dark brown smokey eye and wine colored lips but this year I was really feeling the color green. To find out how to get this look that i came up with, keep reading. Enjoy!

So first, like always, prime your eyes. i always prime, for any look, but with more dramatic looks you especially want to make sure you dont miss this step. you dont want your eye shadow to smear or crease, or it might judst end up looking super messy by the end of the night. for my primer i used my Urban Decay Primer Potion.

For this looks, since I knew I wanted to use dark colors that tend to have fallout, I decided to use tape to get a clean line, and to catch some of the fallout. I just got a piece of regular scotch tape, stuck it to my hand a few times to remove some of the tackiness and stuck it from my lower lash line extending it towards the tail of my brows. 

Next, I took a mix of "Cork" and "Omega" from MAC and blended that into my upper crease for a transition color. these shades are very light and really dont show up, but they will help my green shadow blend out a little smoother later on.

For my base for the green, I used this Jordana 12 HR Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in the shade Endless Emerald." This has tiny glitter in it, so perfect for the holidays. I just applied this all over the lid. 

Take a dense blending brush and start to buff out the harsh edges from the eyeshadow pencil, bringing the green into the crease. 

Now grab any emerald eyeshadow and pack that on top of the cream shadow. I used "Midnight Emerald" from the Smashbox Photo Op Eye Palette. 

Again, blend out any harsh edges with a fluffy blending brush. 

To add some dimension to the look, I packed on "Onyx" a shimmery black shade from the same palette, with MAC's carbon onto the outer third of the lid. 

Blend out the black to smooth it out. With black it's always easier to start with a little product and build it up so that's what I did, pack it on, blend, then repeats 2 or 3 times. 

For my inner corner and brow bone highlight, I used "Nylon" by MAC and a pencil brush and just softly blended that in. 

Next I took a mix of "Confectionette" and "Nutmeg" from the smashbox palette and ran that under the lashes. 


To darken it up a bit under my eyes, I added Urban Decay's Black Velvet 24 HR Glide On Pencil to my waterline. 

Then I took "Carbon" again and used a smudging brush to smudge out the black liner a bit, keeping close to the waterline. 

To complete the look, just add some mascara and false lashes and that's it! I chose my Egyptian Mau mink lashes from Nubounsom since they're full and long and perfect for more dramatic eyes. 


So easy and so pretty without being too over done I think. I think this look would look good with a nude or red lip, so whatever you would want to wear!


I hope you guys liked this post and have an AMAZING Christmas Eve guys!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Products Mentioned:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC eyeshadow "Omega"
MAC eyeshadow "Cork"
Jordana 12 HR Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil "Endless Emerald"
Smashbox On the Rocks Photo Op Eye palette
MAC eyeshadow "Carbon"
MAC eyeshadow "Nylon"
Nubounsom "Egyptian Mau" mink lashes
 
Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com






No comments:

Post a Comment