Header

Header

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Years Eve | Blue Brown Pigment + Glitter

Happy New Years Eve guys! Hopefully everyone is having an awesome day and maybe some fun plans for tonight? It's my last day with family in Arizona for me so no partying tonight, but we are still having fun, doing a pub crawl through downtown! 
Anywho, this year for New Years makeup, I wanted to steer clear from silver glitter or black glittery smokey eyes, since it seems like everyone and their mother is doing that. Instead, I dug out my Blue Brown Pigment from MAC and decided to play with that. This is what I came up with:
If you want to see what I did to create this look, keep reading!

First, like always, prime your eyes. I want my eyeshadow to last for hours and hours and especially on New Years. This will also give the pigment something to stick to. I used my Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer.

For my transition color, I took "Soft Brown" by MAC and blended that into the crease and a little above the crease. 

On to the pigment. The first thing I did was spray my brush with a quick mist of MAC's Fix+. This will really make the Blue Brown pigment pop. Then I patted the pigment into the lid. 

Cover the entire eyelid with the pigment, taking it up into the crease a bit. 

Then I took a little bit more of "Soft Brown" and blended out the edge of the pigment to make it smooth. 

Next I took a bit of Chocolate from Anastasia Beverly Hills and blended a tiny bit of it into the outer crease, just to add some definition. 

For the undereyes, I took whatever was left on the brush I used with the pigment and blended it into the lower lashes, bringing it down a bit. 

If you want to stop here and add mascara that's perfectly fine, but I wanted a little more drama so I pulled out some gel liner and drew in a wing. 

I then brought the gel liner into the waterline, smudging it in the lash line and then connecting it with the top liner in the inner corner to create a cat eye. 

I wanted a little sparkle so I used my NYX gold glitter liner and traced that over the black gel liner wing. 

To finish the look, I popped on some of my favorite Demi whispies and mascara and that's it! (Excuse the dry winter hands)
 

I loved how this turned out! Dark and smokey with a bit of glitter and it's perfect for New Years! 

I hope you liked this tutorial! What are your plans for tonight? Have someone in mind for a New Years kiss?

Stay safe tonight everyone and have an awesome New Years Eve!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Products used:
Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer
MAC Soft Brown Eyeshadow
MAC Blue Brown Pigment
Anastasia Beverly Hills Chocolate eyeshadow 
Morphe Brushes Black Gel Liner
NYX Gold Glitter liner
Ardell Demi Whispie Lashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com 

5 comments: