Header

Header

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette | Swatch + Review

Happy New Years everyone! Now that the holidays are over, I'm going to really focus on reviewing and swatching all of the fun holiday and limited edition stuff that I've gotten the last couple of months (before I start buying all the new Spring 2015 collections haha).

 If you read my Ulta Haul post, you'd have seen that I purchased the Vice 3 palette like 2 months ago. This poor thing has been sitting waiting to be used and I finally got around to using it and OMG guys. I was blown away by it. Generally I am not a huge fan of Urban Decay's eye shadow palettes. There's a few good ones but I never use my Naked palettes and I guess I was expecting similar quality with this palette.

First let's talk about the packing. The palette comes with a cute little carrying pouch which is nice, especially for travel. The pouch and the palette both have this almost bokeh streaky light effect which is pretty cool. The pallet itself is made of plastic with a magnetic closure which is definitely good to have. The front of the pallet is silver with the bokeh pattern in different colors, mostly greens and blues, similar to the shades within. A plastic rhinestone effect detail with the word "vice" adorns the front as well.


Inside of the palette the first thing that caught my eye was the huge mirror. It's literally the same size as the palette and it's a crystal clear glass mirror, not like the plastic ones in Anastasia Beverly Hills palettes that kind of distort your face. Moving on the eye shadows, the first ones that really captured my attention are the reds and pink. This palette has a lovely mixture of neutrals and colors, so versatile to create a myriad of looks. It's a pretty even combination of mattes and shimmers too, with seven mattes and thirteen shimmer/satin shades. Nothing bums me out about eye shadow palettes more than having a palette full of shimmer with only one or two matte transition shades. Also, like most UD palettes, it comes with a dual ended brush. 

Now let's take a look at the eye shadows.

The first column is all matte, neutral shades. I was pretty surprised at how smooth and almost creamy these ones felt, not the least bit chalky. These are those perfect transition shades that I mentioned earlier.


The second column is all shimmer or satin shades, with one matte shade, Heroine. These ones blend nicely as well, only Heroine is a little patchy when swatched. Pigmentation is also spot on with the shade in the pan.


The third column is all shimmer and satin shades. It has a beautiful purple at the top, Vanity, that swatches wonderfully, not the least bit sheer. I also really love the icy white shade, Bobby Dazzle. It's perfect for the inner corner and brow bone highlighting without being too shimmery or glittery.


The forth column is shimmer and subtle duochrome shades. the second shade down, Alchemy, is one of my favorites in the whole palette. It's that beautiful cranberry color, but in the light it has purple duochrome reflects in it. Bondage is another one of these shades.


The final column has two shimmer shades and two mattes. Last Sin is a pretty champagne color that would be perfect for the lid and I also really like Angel, a cool toned brown shimmer with tiny gold glitters in it. I was a little disappointed in Revolver, the matte black shade. It swatched patchy and almost looks green. It was also a little chalky.


Overall I would say that this palette is definitely worth it. The packaging is fun and not too bulky compared to some palettes out there. The eye shadows are also some of Urban Decay's best in my opinion. Awesome pigmentation, smooth and buttery and I love the unique shades in this palette.

What do you think about this palette? Is it on your wish list or have you already bought it? Let me know in the comments and ill talk to you guys soon!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@hotmail.com

3 comments:

  1. When this palette first came out I wasn't WOWED by it, but now that it's sold out pretty much everywhere, I want it. Go figure :( Lol.

    www.blogobsessedxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I was too lol not impressed at first but the more I swatched it the more I liked the shadows

      Delete
    2. I finally found it at my Ulta! They had like 6 of them :) hope you're enjoying yours !

      Www.blogobsessedxo.blogspot.com

      Delete