Header

Header

Friday, January 30, 2015

Sephora+PANTONE UNIVERSE Color of the Year: Marsala!

In late December, Pantone announced the color of the year: Marsala. Last year's color was Radiant Orchid, and while it's a very pretty shade, it can be a little intimidating for makeup, so I was so excited to see a deep, wine color for this year. It's very versatile and the red-brown hue can easily be worn on any skin tone and look amazing. 
 In collaboration with Pantone, every year Sephora releases a collection based on the color of the year, and this year I picked up a couple of things that really caught my eye. The first thing I grabbed was the Color of the Year Facets of Marsala eyeshadow palette. Last year's palette was a lot bigger with bigger eyeshadow pans, but I didn't like how there were only two orchid shades and the other colors just didn't mesh well with orchid. 


The palette this year, albeit smaller, has 24 shades that all complement each other, with a few surprising pops of color. The palette itself is a pretty gold metallic plastic case, with a full sized mirror inside. There are four true Marsala shades, each with a different finish which I really love. This palette is all about earthy rich tones. The middle two columns are all warm Marsala based shades, the left two are warmer golden shades and the right two columns are cooler tones. A few of the shadows are quite chalky, patchy, and a little hard to blend, but the rest make up for it. There is a nice mix of mattes, shimmer and Velvet shades with a few metallics thrown in too. Pigmentation is amazing for this palette, with one swipe giving full color payoff when I swatched it on most of the shadows. 
Autumn Blonde, Toasted Nut, Marsala (matte), Marshala (satin), Shifting Sand, Cocoa Brown
Burro, Deep Taupe, Marsala (metallic), Marsala (glitter), Kelp, Dusty Olive

Desert Mist, Butterum, Macaroon, Chutney, Nimbus Cloud, Moonlight Blue

Carob Brown, Bracken, Russet, Hot Chocolate, Castor Grey, Red Mahogany

The other thing I picked up was the Color of the Year Marsala Layering Lip Collection. It's a collection of five chubby lip cream pencils meant to hydrate, tint and plump lips. 
 

The shades are all complementary shades to Marsala, with Marsala being one of them. They're super hydrating, just as advertised and they feel nice on the lips without being too waxy or slippery like most balms. They're pretty sheer, but once layered, the color intensifies, but still looks quite natural. I've been loving Muted Clay and Rose Dawn especially. 
Marsala, Dusty Cedar, Canyon Clay, Rose Dawn, Muted Clay

The packaging again is super nice, each pencil is golden with a clear cap and they come housed in the usual Sephora + Pantone Universe style, a white box with a see through Marsala-tinted sleeve. 


Overall I'm super impressed with this new collection. I talked myself out of getting the blush set unfortunately, but I'm pleased with these two products. I can definitely see myself using the palette in my every day routine and a few of the balms have already found a home in my purse for on-the-go. 

What are your thoughts on 2015's color of the year? What kinds of Marsala inspired goodies are on your wish list? Let me know in the comments, I love hearing feedback from you guys!

xoxo
LivforLashes

A lot of the Color of the Year products are sold out on Sephora's website :( but if you use the "search for in store" option, I found quite a few of the products still available! 

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment