Header

Header

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Fresh Face Makeup

Recently I tried the new GlamGlow ThirstyCleanse daily cleanser and it completely dried out my face. I mean straight up burned the top layer of skin. For over a week I had bright red, painful peeling skin. Not a pretty visual I'm sure, but any who, Sunday was the first day that I could actually use foundation without my face burning. I wanted a simple makeup look with the focus being on luminous skin, a very fresh faced brightening look. 
In this post I'm going to show you how I got from the left to the right :)

So as you can see, my face was still quite red and dry. The first thing I did was moisturize with my Clarins Beauty Flash Balm. It's nice and thick and doesn't leave my skin greasy, and it's meant to tighten, moisturize and brighten the skin. Then I immediately went in with my Loreal Lumi Magic primer. This will brighten up my skin, which was looking pretty dull. 

For foundation, I decided to use Nars Sheer Glow. It has a pretty dewy, almost satin, finish on me. Matte foundations tend to dull the skin a bit so I wanted to stay away from that. 

I concealed under my eyes and highlighted a little with Nars Creamy Concealer in Honey. I didn't use powder to set the foundation, but I did set the concealer with a bit of BareMinerals Well-Rested. 

To add a healthy glow to the skin, I used a fluffy brush to sweep Nars Laguna bronzer into the outer parts of my face and cheeks. 

I wanted a blush with a bit of shimmer, again for added glow, so I swept a little Benefit Coralista blush on to the apples of my cheeks. 

I then filled in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown. 

Moving on to the eyes, i used my It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette, and I went very simple. First I applied a light matte shadow (Love) to the lid. 

Then I blended a slightly darker shade (Soft Light) in the crease, for a bit of definition. 

To define the lash line some, I grabbed my angled brush and created a wing with some darker shadow (Java mixed with Iconic). 

Then, I blended out that line to really soften it up. 

To brighten up the inner corner, I packed on a frosty pink eyeshadow. For this I used my L'oreal Infallible Shadow in Always Pearly Pink. 

Then I lined my lower lash line with the Rimmel Scandal Eyes nude liner. I didn't want black eyeliner, since black can really make your eyes look smaller and not as bright, but white can also tend to look a little off.

I added a few coats of mascara to finish off the eyes. 

To finish the entire look, I used a soft pink lipstick, Buttercup from Gerard Cosmetics. 

I topped that off with Buttercream lip gloss, also from Gerard Cosmetics. 

And that does it for this brightening makeup look! It's super easy and soft for everyday wear. It's simple and pretty and definitely good for if a fresh-faced, minimal makeup look is what you want. 

Let me know how you like this full-face makeup post! I usually do just the eyes, but I really enjoyed writing this up for you guys!

Have a good day everyone!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Products Mentioned:
Clarins Flash Beauty Balm
L'oreal Lumi Magic Primer
Nars Sheer Glow Foundation
Nars Creamy Concealer
BareMinerals Well-Rested 
Nars Laguna Bronzer
Benefit Coralista Blush
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty eyeshadow palette
L'oreal Infallible Eyshadow
Gerard Cosmetics Buttercup lipstick
Gerard Cosmetics Buttercream lipgloss

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com


2 comments:

  1. I love this natural glow look! Gorgeous girl😊 I love that you did step by step images👍

    Www.blogobsessedxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So simple and glowy! :)

    ReplyDelete