Header

Header

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Ipsy January Glam Bag Review

Hey guys! So I thought it'd be fun to do a monthly feature doing a review and swatch type of deal with my Ipsy bags! If you don't know what Ipsy is, it's a beauty sample subscription service where you take an online quiz and they send you five deluxe samples of products to try each month, and they come in a cute little cosmetic bag for only $10. The samples are chosen based on your quiz for the most part and throughout that month, you get discounts emailed to you from the companies sponsoring ipsy that month. It's a good starter subscription if you don't want to try other options like BoxyCharm which runs about $20ish. One downside is that there is a wait list. I got off the wait list immediately by subscribing to the ipsy stylists' YouTube channels and some other little tasks, but if you don't want to do that, it can take weeks or even a month or two to get off the wait list. There is a referral code you can use though to get off the wait list, I'll list mine down below if you are interested. 

Some months I've gotten all makeup, and some months I've gotten more skin care or hair products. I like how it's a good mix of products and if there is a month that I'm disappointed in, well it's only ten dollars so I don't sweat it too much. 
 
Each month is a different "theme" and for January it was "Fresh Start." The bag for this month is a vinyl-faux leather pouch, one side white the other side blue, with a red zipper. It's a little boring and not my taste, but still a good sturdy little bag. 
 
The first item I pulled out of the bag is this pink Elizabeth Mott All Over Shadow Brush. I've barely heard of this brand, but the brush seems pretty soft. The bristles are densely packed, so ideally it's good for packing in shadow to the lid. I test washed this brush twice and there's no shedding and it did do a good job of placing and blending out eyeshadow. 

The next item is a single eyeshadow by Pacifica in the shade Treasure. Pacifica is one of my favorite drugstore eyeshadow brands so I actually really like this. This shade is a pretty bronze shimmer shade and it's super pigmented too. 
 
Next is this Nourish Organics Renewing Eye Cream. I tried this brand's facial wash thanks to Ipsy and really enjoyed it so I was pretty excited to try this out. It's made with avocado oil, Argan oil and Shea butter, perfect for hydrating which is good for me since I'm so dry right now.
 The next item is this BellaPierre Cosmetics Shimmer Powder. This is a new brand for me, but I really like this loose power. It's a super pigmented white/silver shimmer, perfect for a hint of shimmer on the lid or inner corner, and I even tried it out mixed into my foundation to illuminate and it looked gorgeous. 

The last item in this month's bag is a mojito lip balm by Malin+Goetz. Just in the two days I've been using this, my lips are so smooth and hydrated so this is  definitely a product I would considering purchasing. 

So overall, I'd say this month's glam bag was worth the $10. There's a few products I like and maybe even one or two I'd go out and buy. What about you? Are you an ipsy subscriber? What were some of the things you received this month?

xoxo
LivforLashes

Ipsy referral code:
http://www.ipsy.com/r/9gn1?sid=ipsypoints&cid=email

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. I've been debating for awhile now which beauty subscription to go with, but I think you're completely right when you said even if it's something you don't like, you don't sweat it because it's only $10. That makes sense to me, so now I'm leaning more towards Ipsy :) Love your blog darling, keep it up!

    www.blogobsessedxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete