Header

Header

Friday, January 9, 2015

Urban Decay Naked on the Run Swatch + Review

Happy Friday everyone! So like I said in my Vice 3 review post, I'm going to start doing reviews and swatches of some of the products I bought during the holidays. Well, that's going to wait a bit because I really wanted to review this. Last week in Arizona, I stopped by Sephora for a few things and I got the chance to really play with Urban Decay's Naked On the Run palette. Since it came out, it didn't really spark much interest. It looked like very basic shades with the same colors in my naked flushed palette. But then I watched my favorite Sephora friend, Jen, do someone's entire face- minus foundation and brows, obvs- and I was pretty impressed. 

It's advertised as being the perfect palette for people on the go, as it has a bunch of components to complete a look. The entire set comes with six never-before-seen eye shadows, including one deluxe pan which doubles as a highlighter, a bronzer, a blush, a full-sized lip gloss, a travel sized eyeliner and a travel size mascara. 

I am not too keen on the packaging but it is unique. The palette is cased in a Rose gold plastic case, with the lid being a bronze/red pattern with a gold over-lay of the name of the product. It's pretty sturdy, good for travel, with a magnetic closure. Inside is the mirror, which like most of UD's palettes, is the full length of the palette.
 
Starting with the shadows, this palette has two mattes, three ultra shimmery shades and one that's a shimmery almost saying finish. They're all soft subtle shades. Like I stated before, these shades are all new.
The first one is Dive. This is one the shimmer shades, but it comes off as more glittery. It's a pretty bronze/rose gold shade and the pigmentation is pretty decent with minimal fallout.
The next shade is Fix. This is the first of the two matte shades. This one is a basic cool toned light brown perfect for a transition shade.
Next to Fix is Resist, another shimmer/glitter shade. This eye shadow is a brown shimmer, also with good pigmentation, though it had a little more fallout than Dive. Nothing a good eye shadow base couldn't fix.
The second matte shade is Dare. Dare is a darker, more warm toned brown, good for crease work or smoking out an eye look. This is the darkest shade in the palette, which is somewhat disappointing, but still good for softer eyes.
The fifth shadow is Stun, and boy is it stunning. It is a gold/bronze shade and the pigmentation is awesome with this one. There was slight fallout of the shimmers onto my cheeks, but it was hardly noticeable.
The last shade is the deluxe eye shadow shade called 5050. This one doubles as a highloighter or "perfect all over shade' according to the box of the palette. It's a pale beige shimmer shade, thought the shimmer reflects are quite delicate in this one. Pigmentation is also good in this one, and I like how its very soft and subtle.
Without flash. 

With flash. 


The bronzer and blush do not have names printed anywhere on the palette or the packaging it came in. The bronzer is described as a medium bronze matte, which is nice. I typically like matte more than shimmery bronzers, but this one looks a little orange on my skin tone (light-medium with yellow undertones), but with a light hand and a fluffier brush, its quite pretty. The blush is described as a vibrant pink with a light shimmer to it, and that's a pretty good description. The blush is pretty pigmented, so again a light hand is best for a more subtle flush.
Without flash. 

With flash. 

Included in the set is a mini 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the shade Stag, a soft creamy brown with light shimmer reflects in it, a perfect fit for this eye shadow line up. I love this pencils since they're so pigmented and smooth and literally last for hours without smudging away.
The sample size of the Perversion Mascara  is also a decent size. This is one of my favorite "high end " mascaras. Its perfect for adding length and volume to my lashes and its literally the darkest black.


The full sized lip gloss in the set is a pleasant edition. It is in  the shade Sesso, a pretty rosy shade with pink shimmers. I have a few Urban Decay glosses, and honestly I don't really like them, but this one doesn't seem as sticky, so I like it.



So bottom line, I really like this palette. Its perfect for a quick on the go look and it's super convenient for traveling . The shadows are really nice and work well with each other and the bronzer/blush complement each other nicely too.

What are your thoughts on this palette? Is it something you've got you eye on or already purchased, or is it something you'll pass on? I would love to hear your opinions!
Have a good day everyone and until next time...

xoxo
LivforLashes

Urban Decay Naked on the Run is available at Sephora, Ulta, the UD website and Macy's, among other places.

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment