Header

Header

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom Lipstick | Swatch + Review

This last fall, Maybelline released their line of creamy matte lipsticks and they were a huge hit. Pigmentation was spot on, they were matte without being drying and the color range was pretty decent too (you can read my review and swatch on those here). Well for spring 2015, Maybelline just released their new line, the Color Sensational Rebel Bloom lipsticks. These ones aren't matte, but not too slick either and the fun part is they're all pastel colors. Perfect for spring!
I stalked several drugstores until I finally came across a display at CVS and I picked up all ten shades to swatch for you guys!
First off, the packaging is like the mattes with a matte cap, only this line the cap is a pretty pinky fuchsia shade. The lids stay on pretty well too, which as you know, I hate lipsticks when the lids fall right off (looking at you Kat Von D).
The formula is good for drugstore lipstick, one swipe and your lips are covered. They aren't quite as opaque as the mattes, since it isn't a totally matte formula, but I was still pretty impressed. All ten of the shades are named after a flower with a cute unique little twist.  

Barely Bloomed 700
The first shade in the line is Barely Bloomed, a pinky orange shade. It's one of two nudes in the line I'd say and definitely one of my favorites. This is pretty similar in color to Lime Crime Coquette. 

Blushing Bud 705
Blushing Bud is another favorite. It's a really pretty mauve shade that's literally the perfect mauve. It's a cool toned shade ideal for lighter skin tones. This one felt extra hydrating in the lips without being slippery too which is a plus. 

Petal Pink 710
Petal pink is a cool toned baby pink, and probably one of the brightest shades in the line. It's quite similar to MAC Saint Germaine, so it may not be ideal for some people. This one is a little more sheered out though so for me it's more wearable and good for a little pop of color. 

Hibiscus Pop 715
This one is very similar to Petal Pink, only slightly darker. Hibiscus Pop is a good everyday pink shade since it isn't too out there. This is one of the shades I first tried out and I loved the feel of it in my lips. Very soft and barely needed a touch up after four hours. 

Power Peony 720
Power Peony is a cool, slightly darker fuchsia shade. It pulls a little more purple on my lips, which I love since I've been really into purple and lilac lipsticks lately. This one would be good for medium skin tones. 

Lilac Flush 725
Just as the name suggests, this one is a super pretty lilac color. It's a little darker in the tube but it isn't too light on the lips. This was the first shade I bought and it's my absolute favorite in this line. 

Orchid Ecstasy 730
Orchid ecstasy is a darker, more pink based purple. This one I found to be a little streaky and it took a few coats to get opaque, but I still really like it. It's a little daunting in the tube but on the lips it is very wearable, though I would have liked it to be more purple.  

Rose Rush 735
Rose Rush is a vibrant orange-based red shade. It definitely doesn't come off as a pastel color, but I really like it. It's unique and bright and very pigmented. 

Coral Burst 740
Coral Burst is a deep pinky coral shade. This is one of the more opaque in the line and another one of my favorites. It's bright but not too overwhelming and this one looks amazing on any skin tone based on swatches I've seen. Perfect for spring and summer. 

Peach Poppy
This is the other nude in the line and it's very similar to Barely Bloomed only Peach Poppy is darker and more orange colored. The name threw me off some though since "poppy" generally refers to red and this is no where near a red shade. This is one that really works well for medium and darker skin tones. 

So overall I would have to say that I'm very pleased with this line. First Maybelline stepped up their lipstick game with the creamy mattes and now these lipsticks are sure to be a hit as well. The lipsticks are the perfect creamy formula without being too slick and they are lightweight and feel good on the lips. I'll definitely be wearing these come spring time, especially the lilac and nudes!

Barely Bloomed, Blushing Bud, Petal Pink, Hibiscus Pop, Power Peony, Lilac Flush, Orchid Ecstasy, Rose Rush, Coral Burst, Peach Poppy

I hope you liked this post! What shades are you most excited about? Let me know your thoughts on this line in the comments, I'd love to hear from you guys!

Have a great day everyone!

xoxo
LivforLashes

The Maybelline Color Sensational Rebel Bloom lipsticks are available online  here, here, and here. Also available at drugstores, though I heard they won't be widely available in store until late January to early February. 

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com




5 comments:

  1. Orchid Ecstasy looks gorgeous, but I agree, I wish it was more purple too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought coral burst and blushing Bud and I love these! Definitely getting more after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I definitely want Blushing Bud and Hibiscus Pop ! These are all such beautiful colors for Spring :) Maybelline is really stepping their game up.

    Www.blogobsessedxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sort of scent do these have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really don't have much of a scent to them I don't think at least!

      Delete