Header

Header

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Rimmel London Provocalips 16-Hour Lipstains | Review + Swatch

So I just wanted to drop in for a quick review. Recently I've seen on Instagram and YouTube, some people using Rimmel London's new lip stain called Provocalips. I was intrigued since they're lip stains advertised as:

 "Up to 16 Hours of lip liberation. Wild without a trace!
• Kiss proof, transfer proof, food proof high impact endless colour.
• No tight feeling or dry lips. Lips feel smooth and moisturized all day long.
• Easy removal with Oil-based makeup remover" (taken from the Rimmel London website)
It's rare to find a good lip stain or laquer at the drug store so I was pretty eager to try. Well, my local CVS finally had these on display so I picked up two shades, Kiss Fatal and Make Your Move.
 The packaging is cute, with the stain on one end and the sealant balm on the other, with a leopard print tube on the balm side.


 Usually lip products like this come with a stick balm and I've never been a fan. This sealant is a glossy, waxy formula that you apply with a doe tip applicator, much like a lip gloss. 
The website says to first apply the stain and then to it let dry for 60 seconds while keeping your lips apart. This is kind of awkward, but it's a helpful tip since the stain is quite sticky and kind of unpleasant feeling. It was also a little hard to apply to make it opaque since the formula is quite thin. It did build up around my lip line some. 
 
Next it says to apply the topcoat to "lock the colour, moisture and add shine." After a minute or so of both the stain and sealant on my lips, they felt nice and moisturized and not at all sticky anymore. Now for the test: can it last 16 hours?
 
This is right after application. 
 
About two hours later, and my lips still looked as if I had just applied the product. 
 
Eight hours after initial application and again the color still looked vibrant and hasn't budged at all. My only gripe is they started to feel a bit dry so I touched up the topcoat and they felt nice and smooth again. 
 
I didn't make it a whole 16 hours, but here are my lips almost 14 hours later. The color was still pretty opaque and it didn't get too patchy or uneven (just around my lip line, but that was during application), even after two meals, multiple drinks and yes, even a few kisses from my hubby. And like the website says, and oil based remover did remove the stain no problem with a little light scrubbing. 
My final thoughts? I LOVE these! They're definitely an awesome drugstore find and I'll definitely be going back for more shades. 
Have any of you tried the Rimmel Provocalips stains? What are you thoughts?
Until next time :)
xoxo
LivforLashes
Rimmel London Provocalips 16-Hour Kissproof Lip Colour is available at drugstores, Walmart and Ulta. 
Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes
Find me on Instagram @livforlashes
Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment