Header

Header

Monday, February 2, 2015

Mani Monday | Easy Valentine's Day Mani

It's been a long time since I've done a nail tutorial, so I figured since Valentine's day is coming up, I'd do an easy V-Day manicure for you guys!
It was super simple and practically no tools are needed!

For polish you need:
White
Light pink
Dark pink 
Silver glitter 
Light pink glitter 

The first step is to paint a base color on your nails. For the thumb and pinky fingers, I used the dark pink. Light pink goes in the index finger. White will be on the ring finger and silver for the middle finger. Do two to three coats to make the polish opaque. Make sure your polish is completely dry before moving on to the next steps. I like to watch an episode of my favorite shows on Netflix to pass the time for this :)

Now the ring finger is super simple, just paint a layer of the light pink glitter polish over the light pink base. 

For this manicure, the middle and pinky fingers will stay as is, just the base color. 

For my ring finger, I added a lips design. To do this, find a thin brush (I used an old striping polish brush, but you can use art brushes or even a toothpick) and draw little lines and scratch marks to make the bottom lip, using the dark pink polish. 

For the top lip, it's easier to do it in two sections. Draw the little lines to make a triangle shape for half of the top lip. 

Do the same for the other half.  

For the thumb, I first cut out a heart shape on a piece of paper. 

Next I grabbed a triangle cosmetics sponge and painted on a few coats of the white, light pink and pink glitter polishes. 

Place the paper flat over the thumb nail and sponge the color on to the nail, creating and ombré tie dye effect. 

The next part is a little tedious and totally unnecessary, but I grabbed loose silver glitter and while the heart was still tacky, I used tweezers to place the glitter around the outside of the heart. 

Top it off with a clear top coat (don't forget to paint the edges of your nails with it to prevent chipping) and that's it! Simple and super cute and perfect for a fun manicure for Valentines day!

I hope you liked this post and I'd love to see some of your V-Day nails! Tag #livforlashes on Instagram so I can check them out :)

Have a good day guys!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment