Header

Header

Saturday, February 7, 2015

January Favorites

It's that time again! Every month I gather up a few products that I've been loving and chat about them some. This month is a mix of some new stuff and sold old stuff that used a ton of in January. I've been trying to rotate my makeup so I don't neglect things I've had for a while, but with so many awesome new things coming out in the beauty world, it's hard not to go crazy with the new stuff. 

First up this month is a new foundation and powder. I'm usually not a fan of a matter finish, but when I saw the new Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless foundation/powder I had to try it. I hated it at first since it turned shiny after a few hrs, but after playing with primers and finding the right match (Benefit Stay Flawless 15hr primer y'all) I've really liked it. It's a medium but buildable coverage and it doesn't cake up at all!

Now you guys are probably tired of hearing how obsessed I am with Nubounsom mink lashes, but I can't help myself. Last month I literally didn't wear any other brand whenever I threw on a pair of falsies. Nu lashes are such good quality and they have tons of pretty styles. I recently bought the new Bristol minks and they've become my everyday falsies. Check out my review post here and remember that with the code "LivforLashes" you can get 20% off of your order.

This last month I've literally worn this Milani Luminoso baked blush prettying every day. Nikkietutorials on YouTube made me want to try it and I'm glad I did. It's a perfect peachy orange blush that literally makes you look like you're glowing from within. It isn't powdery or chalky and I love how it helps my skin look a little dewy without using highlighter.

You would have found me wearing one of two things on my lips this last month. Nars Audacious Lipstick in Raquel is one of them. It's literally the perfect nude. It's a pinky mauve color and it's just beautiful. The formula is amazing with these and they're so pigmented and creamy it's insane. This is by far my favorite lipstick formula.

The other thing I've been wearing on my lips is one of the new Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipsticks in Pure Hollywood. This one sold out pretty quick so I'm glad I got my hands on it. It's a pinky kind of grey toned nude and it's super long lasting. I'm already planning on getting a back up of this one since I like it so much. (Stay tuned for a lip swatch post on the 10 shades I bought!)

Not makeup, but a couple of weeks ago I finally picked up the Real Techniques Complexion perfection sponge. I love my BeautyBlender but I wanted a cheaper alternative and this one is actually really nice. It blends out the foundation and gives it an almost airbrushed finish and I kind of like it better than my BB. (Side note: what do you guys use to get foundation stains out of these? My BeautyBlender Solid isn't cutting it)

For my eyes this month I've pretty much exclusively worn my Lime Crime Venus palette on a day-to-day basis. I wrote a post in it here, so I won't go on too much about it, but it's literally the perfect palette for simple eyes or more dramatic. It's so versatile. Definitely check it out when it's back in stock.

Another palette I've been using a ton in January is the Tarte Rainforest After Dark palette. It's a pretty basic neutral palette but it's so convenient since it has a blush, bronzer and highlight all in the same palette. I've also really been liking pinky purple shades and this one had a few gorgeous ones in it.

An oldie but a favorite that I've loved all month is Melba blush by MAC. I forgot I had repurchased it months ago and found it again and after using it again, I remembered why it's always been a favorite. It's a pretty dusty peach color and it's totally matte. It gives such a nice flush and it's not chalky or powdery on the skin. MAC has some of the best blush formulas in my opinion.

Last up for my January favorites is a perfume from Ross. Every now and then I find ones I like and this Kary Perry Meow! perfume was kind of an impulse buy. Usually I'm not a fan of sweet perfumes but I really like this one. It's a mix of florals and fruit scents and it's light and not too overpowering. And the bottle is too cute! I couldn't resist haha

And that's it for my January favorites! I'm sure a few of these will be much loved this month too! What are some things you found yourself loving in January? Let me know in the comments!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Products mentioned:

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com
  

No comments:

Post a Comment