Header

Header

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Valentine's Day Look | Naked 3 Palette

Happy February everyone! Valentine's Day is coming up quick so I thought I'd post a pictorial for you guys! The other night I dusted off my Naked 3 palette and decided to play around with it and this is the look I came up with. 
As I've said before, I'm not a huge fan of the Naked palettes, although I have them all, but this palette has the prettiest pink shades, perfect for Valentine's Day. Keep reading for a how-to!

After priming my lids, I started by blending out Limit above the crease for my transition shade. 

To deepen it a tiny bit, I then blended Nooner right on top of that. 

I really wanted the next shadows to pop and UD shadows have a ton of fallout, so to prevent this I blended my NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk onto the lid. The pencil is tacky so this will really make the shadows stick to the eye lid. I also blended a tiny bit of this into the inner corner. 

Now for the lid, I loaded up the flat side of the brush that comes with the palette with the shades Buzz and Trick, and packed that into the lid. Buzz is more pink while Trick is more rosy, and together they make the prettiest combination.

I again took a bit of Nooner and used that to just soften the edges of those two shades. 

To brighten up the inner corner, I again took the flat side of the brush and patted on the shade Dust

To start deepening up the eyes, I blended Darkside onto the outer third or so of the eyelid, blending it slightly into the crease. I didn't want a wing shape so I blended it in a rounder shape, curving down toward the lower lash line. 

To deepen it up even more, I next took Blackheart on my brush and lightly blended it in the outer part of the lid, focusing the shadow on the lash line and bringing it into the crease. 

Next I grabbed a black eye liner pencil and lined both my lower water line and the lash line. 

To soften the liner, I took Nooner and Buzz on my brush and just buffed that straight into the eyeliner. 

Next I tight lined my upper lashes with the pencil and lightly darkened the upper lash line as well. 

I wanted to soften the line on top, so I just took a blending brush and lightly feathered it over the liner. 

I finished the eyes off with a coat of mascara and some feathery falsies from Kiss that were $3 at Walmart. 

And voila! Valentine's Day eyes! I'm pretty pleased with how this one came out. It's smokey yet still kind of soft at the same time. And it can be paired with really any lip color which is a bonus. 


What did you guys think of this pictorial? Let me know in the comments! 


Thanks for reading guys and have an amazing day!

xoxo
LivforLashes

The Urban Decay Naked 3 palette can be purchased here, here, here and here

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment