Header

Header

Saturday, February 28, 2015

February Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Well now that it’s the end of the month, my Ipsy February Glam Bag finally arrived in the mail! Usually I receive my bags around the 13th or so, but for some reason this month it took forever! I’ve never had a problem with that before, though I have heard of a few people getting theirs a month or two late. Anywho…

The theme this month was #IpsyLOVE since Valentine’s Day is obviously the main attraction in February. The February bag is a super cute pink, white and grey triangle design and I LOVE it! It’s a sturdy material, almost like a mix between canvas and vinyl (if that is such a thing) and I really like the pink zipper. I can definitely find a use for this month’s bag instead of stashing it under my bathroom sink like all of the other bags I don’t really like. I received my bag about a week ago, so I've gotten a pretty good feel for all of the products.

Moving on to the products, the first thing I pulled out was this Eva NYC Up All Night Volumizing Spray. I’ve tried hair masks and deep conditioners from this brand before, so I was pretty excited to try this out. It’s basically a texturizing spray. I tried it for a few days on my naturally wavy and generally unmanageable hair and I really liked the volume it gave me without getting frizzy or greasy like some sprays. This can also double as a heat protectant which is awesome since I never heat-style my hair without one and this is also perfect for travel.

The next thing is this ModelCo BLUSH Cheek Color. Ipsy subscribers would have received one of two colors, a soft rosy pink or an orange-peachy shade, and I received the peach in my bag. At first it looks bright orange and unwearable as a blush. Even when swatching it, it was pretty pigmented and kind of scary. But after I really blended it out, it gives the most beautiful golden peachy glow, it kind of reminds me of NARS Taj Mahal.

Next up is a skin care item. I mentioned in my last post that I usually get a decent mix of makeup and skin/hair care and this Hey Honey Take it Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask is actually my favorite in the whole bag. This stuff is amazing! You apply it to your face, wait 15-20 minutes and gently peel it off and OMG… it left my face feeling so smooth and just this overall clean feeling. I felt that my face was brighter and more refreshed and the best part is that this peel off mask didn’t irritate my skin or leave it red.

Sometimes Ipsy throws in makeup from brands I’ve never heard of so when I saw this Pencil Me In eyeliner pencil i was intrigued. I’m undecided on this one. I like the concept, since it’s a “green” formula and it’s all natural, but I was kind of disappointed on the color payoff. Looking at the outside packaging, I was imagining that it would be a nice deep purple, but the actual color leaves something to be desired. The wear was pretty nice though without a bunch of smudging off and the sharpener in the cap is handy, i just wish the color was more vibrant and opaque.

The last thing in this month’s Ipsy bag is a Cargo Cosmetics Mini Lip Gloss. Cargo is a brand that I’ve heard a ton about but I’ve never tried any of their products so I was pretty excited to try this. The formula is like any other lip gloss, slightly sticky but the color is pretty opaque. This particular color looks like Smashbox’s Be Legendary Lip Lacquer in Pout on application, it’s a pale white-based pink. It’s a pretty nice shade to layer on a light lipstick to add a bit of shine, but not anything too special.

Overall I feel kind of so-so about this month’s Glam Bag. There are a few good items that I really like and then a few not so much but I like that about Ipsy. They send a nice mix of stuff to try and I like that about this subscription service. And like I said in my last Ipsy bag review, if I’m disappointed with it, well hey, it was only $10.
What goodies did you receive in your February Glam Bag? Which ones were hits and misses for you? Let me know in the comments!
Xoxo
LivforLashes
Ipsy referral code:
http://www.ipsy.com/r/9gn1?sid=ipsypoints&cid=email


Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes
 



Find me on Instagram @livforlashes


Email: liv_2008@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment