Header

Header

Monday, December 15, 2014

Nu Mink Lashes by Samantha Bounsom

I am so excited to be writing this post! Recently on MakeupSocial I came across several girls raving about Nu mink lashes. I immediately went online (check it out HERE) and fell in love. Nu was founded by Samantha Bounsom and their lashes are amazing. It's a pretty new company, but I was quite impressed with what they offer. They are cruelty free mink, wearable up to 25 times, and affordable! On Nu's Instagram page, there was a code for 55% off so I knew I had to try them. I've tried Luxy Lash mink lashes and although they were good, they started to lose shape and fall apart after a few uses, even though I took care of them and was gentle with them. Mink falsies are expensive so the fact that I could try two pairs for the price of one sold me.

I originally ordered two pairs of mink eyelashes, in the styles Russian White Mink and Bermese Mink. After getting them in  the mail, before even trying them on I knew I wanted to try some of the faux mink ones too. I ended up ordering two pairs of mink total and three pairs of faux mink and the wonderful Samantha was nice enough to send me two more pairs of mink lashes for free! They come in a sleek black box with a magnetic closure and inside the lashes are on a clear tray. A cute pink ribbon helps you pull the lash holder from the box. Definitely liking the packaging. Let's start with the review ;)
For reference, here are my natural lashes with one very thin coat of mascara. 

 
Russian White Mink
I was originally drawn to these by the style. The lashes are cross haired in the middle and flair out more straight and full towards the ends. These are beautiful! They are flirty and fun and still look pretty natural when they're being worn. They blend so well with natural lashes too. The bands are black, but thin, so you don't need eyeliner to hide the band which is nice.
 
Bermese Mink
These remind me of Ardele Demi Whispies in that they are clusters of longer lashes blended with shorter more natural ones. They are full and beautiful and again, blend really well with natural lashes. They look a little spiky in the package, but soft and pretty after applied. The band is slightly thicker on these, so an eyeliner might be ideal, but still not necessary. These are perfect for creating a doll-like effect with the way they flair at the end. 
 
Egyptian Mau Mink
These were one of the free pairs sent to me and they are GORGEOUS! This pair is similar to the Russian White in style, but a little more thinned out as far of concentration of the hairs, since the strands are less cross hatched. The inner half or so of the lashes is in the crisscrossed pattern, and again the outer half is straight strands, but these are a little more dramatic. The outer strands flair out more and are a little more dense, perfect for a cat eye as they elongate the eye.
 
Bengal Mink
This was the other pair Samantha graciously gave me for free. This pair would have to be one of Nu’s more mellow styles I would say. The layout of the mink strands is similar to natural lashes, so these are ideal for creating a fuller lash effect. They are soft and natural and basically give your natural lashes volume and a little bit of length. These are perfect for everyday wear.

Devon Rex
This is the first pair of the faux mink lashes I bought from Nu. These were a steal since there is an introductory $5 offer for these on the website. FIVE DOLLARS! This pair is a stacked pair, meaning they are fuller (triple layered) and the lash strands vary in size. These look dramatic in the packaging and I absolutely love it. They are super soft and lightweight and don’t feel like they hold the eyelid down. For $5 I really couldn’t pass these up. The band is a little stiff and I would recommend eyeliner with this pair. 

Egyptian Mau Faux Mink
So this pair is basically the faux mink version of the mink ones. The strand pattern is the same and to me in person, you really can’t tell the difference between the two. They are just as soft as the mink ones, the band a tad more stiff, and they feel lightweight on the eyes. These are also good for up to 25 wears, if taken care of properly, which is amazing for synthetics lashes. I’m amazed if I can get 3 or 4 wears out of my Eyelure lashes so I’m excited to see if these hold up like advertised. Ill check back in about that later :)

Bengal Faux Mink
Just like the previous lashes, this is the faux mink version of Bengal. I think this pair looks totally different than the Bengal Mink though. The strand style isn't as natural looking, especially in the package, but on the eye they still look lovely. They still look natural and not too overdone and they aren't heavy on the lid. These are another favorite, but I would definitely wear eyeliner with these. 

Overall, I am so so happy with these! The quality is amazing, they are comfortable to wear, and not to mention cheaper than other mink lash brands. I can't wait to try some of the other styles! I've got my eye on the Singapura, Abyssinian and Persian styles ;) 

Well I hope you enjoyed this post and definitely don't forget to check out Nu lashes! You really can't beat the $5 introductory offer for the Devon Rex lashes!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

2 comments:

  1. Hey I lived this post but I have a question. I bought the Bengal mink and wore them once and when I went to take them off with my remover the hairs started falling out! Is that normal it are these just bad quality?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey honey I'm not an expert in mink lashes but I know generally with any mink you shouldn't use oil based removers. What kind if remover did you use to remove them? The best way to remove them is by gently pulling from the otter to inner corner by the band then carefully removing glue from the band with tweezers. This gives me the best result. Hope this helps ☺️

      Delete