Header

Header

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Ulta Pick Ups | Too Faced, Tarte, Urban Decay + More

This haul has been a long time coming, but I wanted to make sure that I had everything on my list crossed off before writing this post. As I've said in previous posts, Ulta is a huge weakness for me. I can't even drive past it without at least stopping in and browsing, even if I'm not buying anything. Well lucky for me, I had put a little away each paycheck for a couple of months and did a huge haul there last month. Huge. As in hubby will kill me if he sees my bank statement haha. There were a few items not in stock during my first spree, so I went back and got them. Without further ado... 

The first things I grabbed were a few limited edition holiday sets. Literally walking in the door was this beauty sitting on a shelf. This is the Too Faced Sugar & Spice holiday palette. It's an Ulta exclusive, the sister palette to Sephora's Everything Nice one. The palette has 12 shades (a mix of mattes and shimmers) all named after sweet treats. The shadows are amazing too. They're buttery smooth and blend out like a dream. It comes with a gold zipper bag to hold your palette in which is super cute, and a deluxe sample of the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. 

The next thing I picked up was the Tarte Away Oui Go Portable Palette & Collectors Set. This thing is seriously cute. It comes with a compact and four pop up palettes, each with a blush and four complimentary eyeshadow shades. You pull out a mini palette, pop in the compact and go. So perfect for travel. I also really like how all of the eyeshadows are neutral tones. I love a good colored eyeshadow, but these are more up my alley. It also comes with a deluxe sample of Lights, Cameras, Lashes mascara and three mini lip glosses. 

The next thing I saw was this cute little Benefit Goodies a Go-Go  Sweet and Seductive Eye Kit. It's so cute I couldn't pass it up. The packaging is adorable as it comes in a sweet little tin. A little bulky though. Inside is four shadows, a They're Real! Mascara sample and a sample of Stay Don't Stray primer. The shadows are smooth and so pigmented and perfect for an everyday natural or smokey eye. 

Okay, so this next thing wasn't on my list at all, but it's literally so beautiful and I never bought the first two, so I got Urban Decay's Vice 3 palette. It has 20 brand new UD shades and most of them are these seriously beautiful, bold shades. The reds and cranberry shades are what sold me. Usually I'm not a huge fan of UD shadows but these are smooth, pigmented and hardly any fallout. And even without a primer they lasted all day. Usually I like more matte shades but I don't even care because this is gorgeous. 

Next I grabbed this Ulta brand liquid glitter liner set. It was only $10 so I figured if it sucks, oh well. But surprisingly for the price the glitters held up a long time and didn't feel sticky or tacky like some glitter liners. 

So nothing new or exciting about this, but I picked up the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. I had purchased a custom kit already, but after that one went missing I decided to try this. I'm surprised at how well these shades match me better than my custom one so I'm pleased with it. 

I saw these at CVS for $12 and decided not to get them, but after seeing them again at Ulta for $9.99, I caved. It's a set of three of the NYX Butter Lipstick in the shades Licorice, Pops, and Big Cherry. I own a ton of these but was missing these shades so it was a good deal. 

After being so happy with Opal, I decided to pick up Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone. It's a lighter more champagne color and I thought it'd be perfect for winter since my somewhat of a tan has faded. It's so pretty and I'm already obsessed. 

I grabbed bareMinerals Well-Rested concealer after wanting to try it forever. I've heard amazing things about it being used as an under eye setting/highlight powder and I can't wait to give it a try. 

Next I picked up a NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat pressed powder. I tend to gravitate towards a more matte complexion during the winter so I wanted to try this in place of my Rimmel Stay Matte powder. 
 
These next products are new and I wanted to try them out. I've never been too impressed with Revlon lip products but these Ultra HD lipsticks and lacquers are surprisingly nice. I bought two shades in each and I really like them. They are smooth and opaque and the lacquers aren't sticky like some brands. Only downside is the applicator on the lacquers is a brush applicator when I really like doe foot ones better. 

I also picked up a couple of the Freeman's masks because I've always been a fan and wanted to try these too. I really like the Dead Sea mineral one and the pineapple one so hopefully these ones are just as good. And come on, who wouldn't want to smell chocolate when washing their face?!

The last thing I grabbed was this travel sized Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. I love this stuff and I wanted a bottle small enough to fit into my purse and this one is perfect. 

Since I spent so much money there (don't tell my hubby haha) the wonderful cashier, Amy, threw in some samples of a new skin care line Ulta will be selling. I've never heard of Altchek MD so maybe after some research I'll give it a try. Have any if your tried it? I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

She also threw in some hair products. Two hair sprays (Rusk and Purecolor), Redken shampoo and conditioner foil samples and mini bottle samples of Biolage shampoo and conditioner. I'm excited to try these since this time of year my hair is so dry. 

Well that's it! Sorry this is so long but I warned you that I bought a ton haha. What purchases have you made at Ulta lately? Anything worth mentioning for me to try?

xoxo
LivforLashes

All products purchased at Ulta. Some of these are either sold out or not available anymore :(

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

2 comments: