Header

Header

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Melt Cosmetics | Black Friday Sale Review + Swatches

Hey dolls! So Melt Cosmetics had a Black Friday sale and I just knew I had to take advantage of it after seeing everyone raving about them for months. All lipsticks were buy two get one free. Somehow Melt Cosmetics convinced me that $19 a piece for two lipsticks was acceptable if I got one for free ha ha.

Check out Melt Cosmetics right here to order. 

Here is a review of the three shades that I got.  

So first things first. The pigmentation of these babies is out of this world. They are so opaque and true to color which is amazing. Most of their lipsticks are unconventional shades but still gorgeous (Hello, Spacecake?), but I thought I'd buy more "normal" and wearable shades for my first order. 
The packaging is simple and sleek, yet sturdy. It doesn't feel cheap like some lipsticks. It's a round all black tube with purple lettering, very cute. Now into swatches... 

Summer!
Summer!: one swipe, no liner or concealer for cleanup. 

This is by far the one shade that immediately caught my eye. It's a coral orange shade perfect for, well, summer! Applying the lipstick, it was smooth and almost creamy which is awesome for a matte lipstick. It didn't drag or pull on my lips at all and the color lasted for a good 4 hours before starting to fade from the center of the lips. The only thing I didn't like is that it took several swipes across my lips to get a full color payoff without being streaky or patchy. 

6six6
6six6: one swipe, no liner or concealer for cleanup. 

This one is my favorite of the three I bought. It's a deep burgundy wine color, perfect for fall. I found it a little messy to apply without a liner, since it's so creamy but easily fixable. This is another one that was a little patchy with just one swipe. It didn't really dry completely matte, it still had a slight sheen to it, almost like a creme sheen finish. However, the color alone is amazing. I'm so into vampy dark reds and purples right now and this one hits the spot. It also lasted for about 3 hours before fading, again from the center, but it left a lovely stain behind. 

Belladonna 2
Belladonna 2: one swipe, no liner or concealer for clean up. 

I sooo wanted to love this one since I loved all of the swatches I saw of it online, but this one is kind of a thumbs down for me. Color-wise, it's beautiful! It's a blue based red (more pink in the picture) and just gorgeous on anyone. But the formula was SO. DRY. Even with a balm on beforehand, it drug on my lips like I was using sand paper or something. It literally felt like either a) the lipstick was going to break from the tube or b) it was going to rip my lips open. The best application I could find for this one was scraping a bit off with a palette knife and mixing it with a little lip balm to make it creamier.  And it was very drying on the lips once I actually got it on. Every little crevice or dry spot on my lips was noticeable. However, the color with this one had literally lasted all day without fading AT ALL. I'd recommend a balm before hand and in top of it after application. 

Over all, I'd probably give these an 8/10... Belladonna 2 aside. I'm definitely ordering more. On my list right now is Shady Lady, By Starlight, Bang Bang and Spacecake. 

What about you? Did you guys order anything from their Black Friday sale? Which shades do you have? I'd love to hear your thoughts on these so please let me know in the comments!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment