Header

Header

Thursday, December 11, 2014

2014 Favorites | Base: Foundations, Powders, Brushes, Etc.



Happy December! Christmas is only weeks away and 2015 is right around the corner! This is honestly my favorite time of year. It's full of family, food and looking back on the last year. Well starting with this post, I'll be looking back at some of my favorite products from 2014, starting with my favorite makeup products that I use to create a flawless base.

Primers. 
I've received samples of Benefit's POREfessional Primer and they've lasted all year. A little goes a long way and I really love the pore blurring effect this product gives. My pores aren't huge to begin with, but this makes them nearly invisible. 

My Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primer has been a must have this year. It covers any redness in my skin and I really like how it's a lotion consistency. It really hydrates my skin and preps it for foundation beautifully. it also really makes my foundation last all day.

I bought this Hard Candy Shine Free Primer on a whim during a Walmart trip. I didn't think I would like it, and at first I didn't, but after a few uses I really started to love it. It's a silicone base, so it fills in your pores and smooths out any lines. I do have to let this set for a few minutes however before applying foundation or it tends to smear the foundation around.

Foundations.
 First up is MAC Face and Body. I feel like this doesn't get the attention it deserves. This last year my face has really cleared up and I was on the hunt for a lightweight foundation and I rediscovered this. It's a light to medium coverage and perfect for a light evening out of the skin. 

Next is L'oreal True Match Lumi. I've been ditching the matte face for the most part and really going for that dewy healthy glow and this foundation is made for that. It wears all day without getting patchy and oxidizing and it's become a favorite of mine. 

Another favorite foundation that I've been loving is the Revlon Colorstay foundation.  This is supposed to be a dupe for the Este Lauder Double Wear and honestly, I like this one better than my Double Wear. This has been a lifesaver for days when I need a flawless full coverage foundation to last me all day. 

Concealers. 
I've been obsessed with this NYX HD Concealer for months. Not only does it stay all day, but it doesn't crease at all. It also works really well for highlighting. 

This L'oreal True Match concealer is the perfect pair with the foundation. It's lightweight, doesn't crease and doesn't dry out my under eye area like my MAC Prolong Wear does. 

Another favorite this year is this Maybelline Fit Me concealer. It's a dupe for NARs Radiant Concealer which I haven't tried, but this is amazing for a drugstore buy. It's smooth and creamy and again, doesn't crease.  

Powders.
just bought this in October, but I've really loved this Revlon Nearly Naked powder. It's fine milled and doesn't cake up or make my skin look obviously powdered. It also adds a hint more coverage for days I need a little but more. 


Another favorite is my Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder. This past year I've literally done through three or four of these. This translucent white powder is like magic. It sets foundation beautifully and doesn't look caked up and doesn't add any color when applied. I'm currently totally out of it so I couldn't even take a picture of it, so excuse the image I found online. 



Elf HD Undereye Setting Powder has been another favorite. I haven't tried too many powders for the under eye area, but out of the few I have tried, this is my favorite. It's a super fine milled powder and it keeps my concealer from creasing throughout the day. And for only a few bucks, you really can't beat the price. 

Brushes.
Out of all the face brushes I own, I always find myself going back to my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. It blends my foundation seamlessly and I love how it doesn't soak up too much product or get a bunch of buildup in the bristles. 

My Beauty Blender has been a fond friend in 2014. I first bought one in March and I've been in love ever since. It pays away extra product and blends the foundation perfectly into my skin. I also love this for blending concealer to prevent creasing and buildup of product under my eyes. 

For blending eyeshadow, I've been constantly reaching for my dual bristle Japonesque blending brush. One side of the bristles is synthetic hairs and te other side is natural hair and it seems like the combo if these helps blend my eyeshadow perfectly. It's so soft too! I've also really been loving my BH Cosmetics Watermelon brush set. This set has everything you need for a full face including eyeliner, shadow, blush etc and it's so convenient. Plus, the brushes are so soft, they don't shed and price is a steal.

Setting Sprays
Though this technically isn't a setting spray, I usually always use my Mac Fix+ after applying my face makeup before doing my eyebrows and eye makeup. I love how it gets rid of the powdery finish after setting my foundation. it does nothing as far as the longevity of my makeup throughout the day, but again, I love the finish it gives my face.

This NYX Dewy Finish setting spray has really grown on my this last year. Now that im moving away from a matte face, I've been loving this spray. I don't notice a big difference in the wear of my makeup with this, and it can tend to feel a little sticky, but I love the dewy glow it gives me.



Urban Decay All Nighter spray is probably my holy grail setting spray. It really does help with keeping my makeup in place all day, which is amazing since my work days at the hospital last anywhere from 14-16 hours. A few spritzes of this after applying my makeup and I'm good to go all day.

Well that's it for the first part of my favorites! What were some of your favorite products that you used for you base this past year?

Stay tuned for my next favorites post: blushes, bronzers and contouring products

xoxo
LivforLashes

Products Mentioned:
Benefit POREfessional Primer
Revlon Photoready Color Correcting Primer
Hard Candy Sheer Envy Shine-Free Primer
MAC Face and Body Foundation
L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation
Revlon Color Stay Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment