Header

Header

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Halloween Series | Day 3- Burlesque Inspired Makeup

Day 3 in my Halloween Series was inspired by the movie Burlesque. If you've seen it, you know how those girls rock some killer makeup. Here is my version :)

First, apply your foundation as normal. I used a slightly lighter shade than my skin tone. 

Next, conceal and highlight the area you want more coverage. 

Powder to set everything. 

Contour your face, especially your cheekbones. Those girls had some seriously carved out cheek bones. 

Apply blush, focusing more on the apples of your cheeks. I went pretty heavy handed on the blush. Remember, it's stage makeup so it needed to be more noticeable under all of the stage lights. 

Then, highlight your cheeks. I used a cream product for a more intense glow. 

Fill in your brows and set with a brow gel. I went for a more natural brow since that's how the girls had theirs in the movie. 

Moving on to eyes, sweep a warm brown right about the crease for a transition shade and blend. 

Blend a sparky black into the crease, going a little heavy and winging the shadow out slightly. 

Now, pack a sparkly pink shade into the lid. I used MAC Rose pigment.  

Highlight the brow bone and inner corner with a white shimmer shade, and sweep the same black under the lower lashes. 

With a liner pen, draw on a fairly thick wing. 

Apply a matte red lipstick, really focusing on the Cupid's bow. 

Finally, apply some false upper and lower lashes and that's it!





This look is super simple and anyone with any level of skill can do it, so it's perfect for a quick Halloween look. Just pair it with a fun flapper outfit a la Chicago and you're good to go!

Did you guys enjoy this pictorial? Let me know in the comments!

What will you be dressing up as for Halloween? If you recreate any of my Halloween series looks, be sure to tag me on Instagram and Twitter #livforlashes

Have a good night everyone!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

IG @livforlashes come check out my page, follow and like!

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com





No comments:

Post a Comment