Header

Header

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow Couture World Traveler Palette |Review &Swatch

It happens to me all the time. I go in to Sephora or Ulta (Target too!) to get one thing and I somehow walk away with something unexpected. That's exactly what happened when I bought the Anastasia Beverly Hills Shadow Couture World Traveler palette. I had swatched it multiple times in store and added it to my online cart numerous times but never ended up buying it. I thought it was nice but it just didn't appeal to me at first. Well after swatching it for the thousandth time in Ulta, I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy it.
The packaging is the standard cardboard palette similar to all other ABH palettes, but this one has a faux leather feel to it, almost like an old bound book, making it feel quite luxurious. The color scheme is a simple black and varnished gold angular design, with the logo imprinted in gold on the front. It has a magnetic closure, the same as other ABH palettes. 
Inside the palette is a decent sized mirror but what makes me happy is that it's actually a usable mirror. Other Anastasia palettes have plastic mirrors that sort of bend a little and distort the mirror image, but this one is very clear and gives a crisp image. The brush included in this palette is actually quite nice too. It's fluffy and soft and more usable than other brushes included in previous palettes. 
The shadow pans are again, same size as other ABH palettes, with 12 shades included. There is a mix of mostly shimmers, metallics, and a few mattes. It has a nice blend of matte neutrals, shimmers for the lids and a few pops of vibrant colors. Included are Soft Peach (matte light peach), Morocco (matte burnt orange), Heirloom (deep violet with gold shimmer), Bellini (soft champagne peach shimmer), Pink Champagne (ultra shimmer pink, almost foiled), Chic (metallic light gold), Spoiled (peach with gold shimmers), Fudge (matte chocolate brown) Azure (deep shimmery blue), Intense Glaze (metallic/frosty red-orange), Metallic (metallic yellow gold), and Noir (matte black). I really like that there's a nice transition shade with Morocco, a common shade in Anastasia palettes, and a good blending shade with Soft Peach. Pink Champagne is so gorgeous, it's the first shade that caught my eye.
(natural daylight)
(with flash)

The shadows are nice and buttery with very minimal fallout, surprising with shimmery eye shadows. They blend out seamlessly and don't lose pigmentation when you blend them. And the mattes are nice and creamy and not the least bit chalky or powdery. The shadows in this palette actually seem a little higher quality than other ABH palettes, like the Maya Mia palette for comparison. 
Final thoughts? I am going to love this palette! I say that about a lot of palettes, but this one is honestly one of the best ones that Anstasia Beverly Hills has released in my opinion. It's a decent price for the quality and variety of eye shadows you get and its so versatile. I think this will definitely be one of my go-to palettes for fall.
Did any of you guys pick up the Shadow Couture palette? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments and be sure to check out my Insagram and Twitter for more updates and pictures! 

xoxo,
LivforLashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me in Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2098@icloud.com

2 comments:

  1. I love this palette so much I even ordered my favorite single shadows which were Morocco and Pink Champagne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I'd like it so it took forever to finally buy it but now I can't put it down! And yes! Pink champagne is so pretty! And surprisingly minimal fallout with all the glitter in it.

      Delete