Header

Header

Thursday, August 6, 2015

June + July Favorites | L'oreal, Bobbi Brown, Tarte and More!




Hey everyone! I haven't done a favorites post in the last month or so since I wasn't really using anything different from my last post, but I've rounded up some things to show you guys, so keep reading to see which products made the cut. The last two months were all about glowing skin, neutral eyes and lips for me, perfect for summer!




First I want to talk about the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte foundation. Generally my skin is pretty dry so I steer clear of matte foundations, but with the hot humid weather lately my skin has been a bit more oily and this has been a god send. It literally stays matte for hours and it doesn't break up or oxidize which is amazing. I mix the shades Natural Buff and Porcelain for my perfect match. 


Next up are some liquid lipsticks from the Stila Summer collection. I've been really loving liquid lipsticks lately and Stila makes some of the best in my opinion. They last forever and don't flake or clump up like some brands. They are a tad drying but nothing a little lip balm can't help. I've been loving Como, this bright purple and Amalfi, a fun fuchsia pink. 


Highlighters are huge, especially this time of year, and all of June and July I've been in love with the Laura Gellar Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminators in Ballerina and Gilded Honey. I originally didn't want GH, but received it as a gift and these two mixed together create the perfect golden bronze glow. Ballerina is perfect for darker skin and with my skin being a bit more tanned, it gives a gorgeous bronze goddess glow. 


Recently I made a trip to my local Cosmetics Company Outlet and found this Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude palette and I've been using it practically every day. It's a nice mix of mattes, satins  and shimmers for neutral eye looks. The shadows are smooth and blend really well and the sparkle shades are just beautiful, if a little chunky. This is a good neutral palette for both day and night looks so it's been in constant use lately. 


I did some traveling last month and a staple in my makeup bag was the new Tarte Showstopper palette. It's so convenient since it has shadows, a bronzer, a blush and a highlighter all in one palette. Plus I really like the cooler toned eyeshadows and how versatile they are for different eye looks. And can we talk about the cute packaging?! I posted a sneak peak of this month's ago and I'm so glad I bought it. (Want a review? Let me know!)


Another highlighting/bronzing powder I've been dying over is this Este Lauder 5-Tone Shimmer Powder in Bronze Shimmer. This was another CCO find and I'm so glad I found it. It was released a few years ago and I missed out on it then, but this baby is gorgeous. I like how I can concentrate my brush more on the bronze shades for a warm glow, or on the golden champagne shades for more of a highlight. It can also be used for eyeshadows which makes for a nice bronze eye look.


On days when my skin felt a little dry, I was reaching for my travel sized MAC Strobe Cream. It's super hydrating and gives a luminous glow under foundation and the little bottle has been perfect for tossing in my makeup bag during my travels the last two months.
  
Last but not least are the Urban Decay Revolution Lip Glosses. These are super pigmented and not at all sticky and they last for hours before fading from my lips. They feel more like a cream lipstick so they're super comfortable to wear. I've really been loving Failbait, a soft pink, and Liar, a warm neutral. Let me know if you want a full review on these. 


And that does it for my favorite products from June and July! What made the cut for your favorites this summer? Let me know in the comment and be sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter for me updates and pics. Have an amazing day everyone!


Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

2 comments:

  1. Great favorites! I'm thinking of ordering both highlighters but I don't know how they'd look on me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they look good on my pale skin they'd look amazing on you! Plus they're buoldable so you could always start with a little to see how it looks and go from there ;)

      Delete