Header

Header

Sunday, August 23, 2015

August Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Here it is not yet the end of August and I'm pleasantly surprised that I received my August Ipsy Glam bag two days ago. I just barely got the July bag a few weeks ago, so I definitely wasn't expecting The August bag to come in the mail until the very end of the month, but again, a pleasant surprise so I figured I would review it now!
The theme for this month is #PrepSchool and the bag itself fits right in. It's a really cute black and white houndstooth print with a pop of color with a cool toned pink zipper. The bag is made of a patent leather-like material, with cloth lining. It feels really durable and it's the perfect size to hold some everyday essentials in your school bag (if you go to school) or in your purse. 

The first product is this Leave In Conditioner from the brand Beauty Without Cruelty. It's certified vegan and they don't test on animals which is really cool and the product itself is amazing. I tried it out already and left it in overnight and after rinsing it out my hair felt super soft and so easy to comb through. I have naturally thick wavy hair, so this is definitely a good product for me. 

Next is a lip liner from the brand Ofra. It is in the shade Wine so I was expecting maybe a deep burgundy or a berry toned, but it comes off a little more rust colored, almost like MAC Velvet Teddy with a touch more pink. It nice and soft and pretty long wearing so I am pleased with it so far. I have a few things from Ofra and I really like them. The products are priced high-end but they don't seem to well-known yet.

Next is an eyeliner from a brand called Doucca. I've never heard of this brand, but this eyeliner is great! It's a basic black liner, but it's super creamy and the best part is its waterproof so it didn't smudge after I used it in my waterline. The formula reminds me of the Urban Decay liners. This pencil alone runs $22 so to get it in the glam bag which is only $10 is a good deal. 

The next product is this Amino Herbal Hydration Mask by the brand Oz Naturals. This is another vegan and cruelty free brand and it contains hyaluronic acids, vitamin B5 and vitamin E and after trying this out for about 20 minutes, my skin  felt so soft and hydrated after washing it off. It wasn't at all dry or tight and the mask has a nice clean scent hat didn't irritate my skin.

Last up is a lip gloss from the brand Hikari. This brand is featured pretty regularly in Ipsy glam bags, so I've tried a few things. This gloss is in the shade Salsa and it's a bright orange red. It's super opaque and not sticky so it's very comfortable to wear. Once it faded off it left a really nice "Popsicle lips stain" so I'm really liking it so far. My only complaint is the smell. It smells a little like chemicals and Clay, with no fragrance so it is a little unpleasant during application, however the smell fades rather quickly. 
Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this month's bag. I will get use out of most if not all of the products, so it's definitely worth the $10 subscription price. Are any of you Ipsy subscribers? What samples did you get in your August glam bag?
Thanks for reading and have an awesome Sunday everyone!

xoxo
LivforLashes

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment