Header

Header

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Makeup Fails! Products I Regret Buying



Every now and then we buy makeup with high hopes of it being awesome and it just doesn't live up to expectations. It happens to me all the time whether a color just doesn't suit me like I had hoped or the product itself just doesn't perform like expected. I've put together a little list of products that were total fails for me. Now this doesn't mean that they are totally bad for everyone, they just didn't work out for me personally. 


First up is this Covergirl blush. I can't even tell you the name since the sticker fell off but I fell in love looking at it in CVS. It looked like such a pretty peachy color with a hint of shimmer but unfortunately since we can't test drugstore makeup in the U.S. I had no idea that in reality it looks terrible on my skin. It is good for a light hint of color but once you build it up it almost has a blue metallic sheen. It gives a totally '80's vibe and I just don't dig it.
***
Next up is a high end product and it's the Urban Decay original Naked Flushed palette. I really liked this when I first got it but I never find myself reaching for it. Ever. The colors are ok, but I've just found better bronzers, better blushes and WAY better highlighters so this just sits in my drawer totally neglected. 
***


These break my heart but I have to add my Melt Cosmetics Shady Lady and Belladonna 2 lipsticks to the list. I really like the colors and I even found a way to work with the super dry formula, but after having these less than 6 months, they now have this weird iridescent green film on them, almost like mold. I contacted the company and showed them pics and all they did was give me a code for free shipping on my next order. It's a total bummer since for $19 a lipstick you expect a higher quality than this. I'm almost afraid to order replacements in case this happens again. I have had some MAC lipsticks for literally years and have never had this problem, so these are definitely a fail. 
***


When Maybelline announced the launch of The Nudes palette, everyone was so excited. I was too until I actually got the palette. It just sucks! There's no pigmentation at all and you really have to dig your brush in the pans for any kind of payoff. Plus the shadows are so patchy once you actually get them on your lid that this whole palette is just a disaster for me. 
***


I really used to love this Moisture Renew lipstick from Rimmel in the shade Lets Get Naked, but now I just can't handle it. It has such a strong perfume-y floral scent, that I get a headache within minutes of application. And the scent doesn't fade away like most lipsticks. It's such a pretty peachy nude shade and it's a shame that it smells so strong of someone's grandma.
 ***

This next item is pretty new and I was so excited to try it. The Covergirl Stay Luminous Natural Glow Foundation was boasted as a drugstore alternative to the NARS Luminous Weightless foundation but it just doesn't live up. It's a very dewy finish and even with powder doesn't feel like it sets at all. It just feels wet all day.  Throughout the day it just melted off of my face and I'm not even oily. Plus the color is almost ashy. I tried two different shades and it just left my face looking a little weird with a cast. 
***


Next is a mascara. I tend to stick to my tried and true formulas for mascara but I decided to give this L'oreal Voluminous Miss Manga mascara a try. It's a nice formula but I abhor the brush. It's supposed to flexible, but it's so flexible that I don't feel like it grabs on to my lashes at all. It just kind of bounces around hitting just the roots or just the ends of my lashes and I'm left with a clumpy mess. 
***


I knew the Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer was heavy duty, so I knew kind of what to expect. At first I liked it for covering acne spots or redness around my nose, but it's just too greasy feeling for under the eyes. Once it's set it easily gets cakey and it's just too hard for me to make it work and still have it look nice. It creases like no other and after a bit of sitting in my drawers, the formula separated into an oily mess.
 ***

Last up is an eyeshadow palette from Coastal Scents. I ordered the 28 Neutral palette on a whim for like $10 so I wasn't expecting much. The shadows themselves are okay, but I just never find myself using it. When I remind myself to use it, I'm just never that impressed with the quality of the shadows. They're a little powdery, some shades blend away to nothing and I find them to all be a little patchy when applied. I still try to use it from time to time, but I just find myself disappointed again and again. 
***


So like I said, maybe these products didn't work for me, but maybe they are your holy grail products. It's all opinion, but I know I won't be wasting any more of my hard earned cash on these again. What about you? What are some products that were total fails for you? Let me know in the comments and have a fabulous day!

Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes

Find me on Instagram @livforlashes

Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment