Header

Header

Monday, August 3, 2015

July Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Hey guys! Another month means another Ipsy Glam Bag review! It's always a little exciting to see that pink mailer in my mail box every month and I couldn't wait to dive right in. This month the theme was #SummerLovin and products that are beach friendly and perfect for a summer makeup look. 

The bag this month is a canvas bag with a colorful chevron pattern and a blue zipper on the side. It's sturdy and the perfect size for tossing in your beach bag. I'm loving the bright color and indie vibe with this one. 


The first product are these OLEHENRIKSEN the clean truth cleansing cloths. They're makeup remover cloths enriched with anti-aging components and anti-oxidants so they're good for giving your skin a little love while wiping away your makeup. Plus the citrus vanilla scent is light and gentle enough for sensitive skin. I've tried these before and I actually really love them so I'm glad I've been reminded of that by getting these. 


Next up is an eyeshadow quad by Nicka K New York. I've never tried this brand but these eyeshadows are actually pretty nice. They're smooth and buttery and blend out really well. They're all shimmer or satin formulas, so that's a downside for me since I love a good matte transition shade, but I'm dying over the beautiful rose gold shades in this quad. 


With summer brings a lot of beach trips here in San Diego, so this Coolway Beachy Salt Spray is perfect for getting those beachy waves without actually taking a dip in the ocean. It's lightweight and doesn't make my hair feel heavy or thick and I really like how it doesn't make my hair crunchy like some salt sprays. Instead it separates my hair and leaves it soft while still holding the style. Plus it smells amazing! My only gripe is its a pump spray which can make the first few spritzes come out with a little too much spray. 


I've tried BelláPierre Cosmetics before thanks to Ipsy and I like what I've tried so far, so I was excited to try out this Mineral Lipstick in the shade P.I.N.K. It's a bright, slightly frosty pink and perfect for summer. The formula is creamy without being too slippery and it actually wears pretty well for several hours before fading off. The vanilla scent is a little strong, but it fades away after only a few minutes. 


Last up is what I was most excited about and its this sample of the Tarte Park Ave Princess  Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer. I've never tried this (surprise I know!) so I was super excited to give this a go. It's a nice warm bronzer with a hint of shimmer. It blends out so well and really gives my face that summery bronze glow without making my pale skin look orange, which is so common with a lot of bronzers out there. Plus the waterproof formula really helps it last all day without fading off from the heat.

This month had such a good glam bag for me. I really like all of the products I received and I'm so glad that Ipsy has been stepping up their game lately and sending a good array of samples to try. 
What did you get this month in your glam bag? 



No comments:

Post a Comment