Header

Header

Monday, November 16, 2015

Colourpop Haul | New Fall Releases

Happy Saturday everyone! I figured it's been a while since I've done a Colourpop haul so I decided to order some new things to try, especially since they've released tons of stuff since my last order in the spring. I wanted to pick up a few of the Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks since I've yet to try them (I know) and I definitely wanted some more Lippie Stix and Super Shock shadows. I ordered on Thursday and received my package Monday so A+ for shipping, especially since I've heard a few shipping time horror stories about Colourpop the last few months. 




First up for the ultra matte lippies, and I ordered four this time around. The first one I tried was More Better, part of the fall release. It's such a rich berry color perfect for fall and I immediately fell in love with the color. Next is Succulent. I wanted this baby since Colourpop first released these but I just never got around to ordering it. It's such an amazing bright orange red, more suitable for summer or spring, but it's just gorgeous. I also ordered two neutral shades, Trap and Shimmy. Trap is one of those greige/pink shades that everyone has been going  crazy over lately and Shimmy is a more white based pink. It's almost like ABH Lovely but a touch lighter.

Now like tons of other people have said, these are super drying and a little flaky, but I let a little lip balm soak into my lips for a bit and then applied the lipstick and I didn't have any problems with them. The formula is also super thin so I had to be very careful not to spill any of the product out when I opened it. The wear time isn't too impressive when comparing them to other liquid lipsticks on the market, but for six bucks, I'm not complaining. 

Next up is the Lippie Stix. These have been a huge favorite of mine since I first tried them out, so I always order a few whenever I make a Colourpop purchase. This time around I got Contempo, Tiger and Dazed. I believe these three are all newer releases. Contempo is just a really pretty matte dusty mauve shade. Nothing too special but I just really like colors like that. Dazed is another matte only this one is a rusty red color. It's so reminiscent of the 90's and I'm loving it. I don't usually like sheer lip colors but I really liked Tiger. It's a pretty berry stain, almost like that "Popsicle lips" look. So pretty but unfortunately I had to really work it to get any pay off.



For the super shock shadows I decided to stick with neutrals since my last orders had bright colors. First up is Central Perk. I am loving this one. It's a deep wine red that swatches a little more brown. Definitely my favorite of the bunch. Mixed Tape is an icy taupe color, similar to MAC Satin Taupe. I've been really loving cooler shades on my eyes and this one fits right in with my recent favorites for shadows. I also love a good bronze and Boy Band is probably the best bronze shadow I've ever had. It is so so pigmented and shimmery and just amazing. Stereo is like a super shimmery version of Central Perk. It's a deep wine red like CP, only with purple and gold reflects. I can't wait to do a look with it. Finally I have Nillionaire. Nillionaire is a warmer version of So Quiche I'd have to say. It's a little more gold but still a super sparkly shade perfect for the upcoming holidays. 




So overall I'm pretty pleased with my little haul. I really wanted to try the new Crème Gel liners, but they were sold out of the shades I wanted so maybe next time. What are some recent Colourpop goodies that you've purchased? Leave some suggestions of things for me to try in the comments and thanks for reading!


xoxo
LivforLashes

Previous Colourpop Hauls/Reviews Here, Here and Here


Follow me on Twitter! @LivforLashes


Find me on Instagram @livforlashes


Email: liv_2008@icloud.com

No comments:

Post a Comment